British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Geordie582

"England's striking history"

What's happening about the book we gave a preliminary proof read earlier? Hope it's still in the offing as I enjoyed the extract we saw! :D

Well, I'm pleased you ask!

I finished adding all the high quality images right up to Charles II, and have sent the full PDF to the proof-reader. I enjoyed reading it as I was going along very much.

I am tring to get a picture of the Moneyer Dave Greenhalgh in medieval gear striking a coin for the front cover, but I think I might actually have to visit him and take a picture myself!

Once the cover and proof read are done it'll be ready to print so it should certainly be ready within a few months.

Excellent news. I look forward to its publication. It's one I'll add to my library! B)

Right, "England's Striking History" is basically done, apart from the cover design for the printed version.

So, without delay, what I'm going to do is offer it as an e-Book on ebay/rotographic.com etc in order to get some money towards the printing costs.

The 9mb eBook is here:

http://www.rotographic.com/ebooks/ESH.exe

From the link above all you'll see is a sample 18 pages with a buy now link in the top right (it's £4.50 via paypal). Now, it's been proofread, but I think there are still little errors in it, so if you buy it and spot 10 errors that I didn't previously know about, I'll refund you fully!

Looks good Chris but... any chance of a quick look at the index?

Thanks, Richard

Looking good Chris, but I'd rather wait for the printed version, just to compliment my library! B)

Right, "England's Striking History" is basically done, apart from the cover design for the printed version.

So, without delay, what I'm going to do is offer it as an e-Book on ebay/rotographic.com etc in order to get some money towards the printing costs.

The 9mb eBook is here:

http://www.rotographic.com/ebooks/ESH.exe

Super work!

There isn't actually an index. It basically does it all (as far as I can see) in the style of the sample, from 959 - 1663. I suppose I could make an index though, that's a good idea.

The first commercial purchaser of ESH said this:

Hello, Chris - First, may I congratulate you and thank you for

compiling a very useful book, particularly for people like myself who

don't live in England and are relative novices in this field as well.

After a quick read through, I believe that I will find it more useful

than any other single reference on this subject I have.

That made me feel good. Can't wait to get it into print.

Any forecast on publication for the book, Chris? Could you send me one when it apears? (I'm fed up trying to get Smiths to stock Coin books)

Edited by Geordie582

Yes, I can probably remember.

I'm putting the cover together, but might delay printed publication a bit while Mrs West gets some advertisers for me.

Good-e-nuff!! :D

I took some castle picture, pictures of a Jester, a Knight and Dave hammering coins in medival surroundings....One or all of that will be on the cover.