British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
aleroit2000

What do you think?

2-euro-elizabeth_210.gif

possible or impossible?

2-euro-elizabeth_210.gif

possible or impossible?

Possible, but highly unlikely.

Can I ask why unlikely?

I dont'n know as well as i wouuld Great Britain, so I'd be interested in this.

I live in Italy and the only negative thing of the euro is that some (much?) prices increased.

But having a "strong" currency and using the same in Italy or France, or Germany or Spain or Finland is great.

Well, it's also true that here in Italy we had a "little" currency, the "lira", without the story (and the value) of the pound....

Can I ask why unlikely?

I dont'n know as well as i wouuld Great Britain, so I'd be interested in this.

I live in Italy and the only negative thing of the euro is that some (much?) prices increased.

But having a "strong" currency and using the same in Italy or France, or Germany or Spain or Finland is great.

Well, it's also true that here in Italy we had a "little" currency, the "lira", without the story (and the value) of the pound....

In Britain, our Chancellor of the Exchequer devised five economic tests to assess the impact that the Euro would have on the UK. They include things about interest rates, growth, jobs, and flexibility. Basically, they would be very hard to fulfill, especially having the ECB setting interest rates for Britain. The rejection of the EU consitution in a raft of EU countries also suggests a growing disillusionment with the EU as a whole. It seems unlikely to me that this Labour government would care to pursue such a matter considering the state it is in now.

One matter of consideration, at least for the British public, is the mere fact that the British Pound has never been called in for example in 1000 to 1 exchanges that practically every other country in Europe have had to endure. In essence, whilst the Sterling have indeed lost some of its lustre from the past, it has retained enough of a value to not have been rendered insignificant by inflation as currencies such as the French Franc, Italian Lire, German Mark etc. have in the past.

One matter of consideration, at least for the British public, is the mere fact that the British Pound has never been called in for example in 1000 to 1 exchanges that practically every other country in Europe have had to endure. In essence, whilst the Sterling have indeed lost some of its lustre from the past, it has retained enough of a value to not have been rendered insignificant by inflation as currencies such as the French Franc, Italian Lire, German Mark etc. have in the past.

What's this ? A case of what I tell you three times is true KV?

I think everyone is forgetting that by 2010 the old biddy will be pushing up Royal daisies and it will be our immortal leader T Blair (He Who Must Not Be Pushed..) on the coins. Never mind the British public - the rest of Europe will never allow it!!!

Edited by TomGoodheart

What's this ? A case of what I tell you three times is true KV?

I think everyone is forgetting that by 2010 the old biddy will be pushing up Royal daisies and it will be our immortal leader T Blair (He Who Must Not Be Pushed..) on the coins. Never mind the British public - the rest of Europe will never allow it!!!

I rather think the old biddy will like to live a good long life much like her maternal link, and will live well into 2028 or so so that Princess Chuckycam can be 81 whence she ascends the throne. Then you might want to disinfect whatever monetary instrument comes thou way, as whom only ponders where it have been.

Move over, KV. If Blair appears on coins I'm emigrating to Russia! B)

Move over, KV. If Blair appears on coins I'm emigrating to Russia! B)

I'll have a cold Baltika beer awaiting your arrival :D

Cheers! :P