British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

I believe this coin to be a 1692 Halfcrown R/G in Regina which is supposed to be extremely rare (according to Spink) do you lot concur with my finding? And I know it's not in great condition, pity.

post-665-1149793701_thumb.jpg

post-665-1149793718_thumb.jpg

post-665-1149793734_thumb.jpg

It looks similar to lot 406 in the Adams sale see picture attached. File size is not very large as it was taken from the website. It also has H over R in HI. If this is also obvious then it has to be.

post-381-1150026539_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure if its H over R, but the H is unbarred in the midle and looks more like a II but the base is joined.

P.S do you know the link to the Adams sale I would like to see it if possible.

post-665-1150027237_thumb.jpg

It's in the archived catalogues section on Spink's website. 1st Dec. 2005 if the link doesn't work.

Adams Update - Copy and paste the page viewed doesn't work for some reason.

Edited by Rob

Not familiar with half crowns (primarily Bronze & Copper), but insofar as regarding overdates/repunches, etc.... But for my 2 cents worth, it certainly has all the appearances of being that variety....

Guest Guest

That is the R over G variety, it is also H over B. See the 2006 Spink S3436 and you will see two 'extremely rare' entries for 1692. I believe they refer to the same coin.

Mal

Thanks Mal but unfortunately I have since sold this coin. ( I really need to buy Spink 2006 I'm still using 2003 version!) <_<