British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Can anyone please grade these halfpenny's that I have in my collection? As I am relatively new to numismatics.

post-665-1149611241_thumb.jpg

post-665-1149611258_thumb.jpg

post-665-1149611281_thumb.jpg

post-665-1149611293_thumb.jpg

I'm no expert on these things, but I'd grade the first as EF and the second as Fine.

I concur. Has the second been polished with something as well, or is that just the natural colour? It looks a bit off, but it could be the angle.

Thanks guys. It's just the angle it isn't as bright as that in hand.

I can't get the 1751 obverse past gVF because the shoulder looks to have some wear apart from the laurel, although the reverse makes EF. The trouble is you can never tell how well it is struck without seeing it in the hand.

The dump I'd give good fine/fine. There is still some laurel detail there and the reverses can be very poorly struck.

Die infilling is a curse until you get to the Soho period.