British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brownowl

coin pictures on predecimal.com

Guest Brownowl

I've been checking out some of the fascinating pictures of coins on this site, and would like to upload some of my own to share with others. I can scan my coins and create image files to upload, but I don't know where to click or what to do to get them from my computer to this site. Also, I'm not sure if I should upload the images as bmps or jpegs, or if there is a maximum file size. Is there anyone who has done it before and can point me in the right direction? Thanks!

You need some webspace and an FTP client! You will be unable to add pictures to the website part.

The predecimal.com webspace is password protected etc and you won't be able to put things directly on it (I don't want people deleting and changing my site behind my back!)

However as you have registered you will be able to put things in the Forum area. When you post a message it should give you the option: 'You may attach a file to this message. Maximum file size (in bytes): 51200000'?

You need to click the button to the right of it and browse your local hard drive for the file (the Picture) you want to attach to the message. The file has to be a jpg because bmp's are far to large and it will take people forever to view it.

I've never done it myself, but i imagine when you've selected it there's an 'OK' button to press and then you post the message as normal.

email me if you need to cp@predecimal.com

Chris

www.predecimal.com

Chris.

www.predecimal.com

Guest Guest
:rolleyes: ooooooh, so that's how it works! As always, thanks for your prompt and helpful replies.

Guest Guest_Chris

I look forward to seeing all your coin pictures on here over time!

Don't use all my server space up! :o

Chris