British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Chris Perkins

Big Forum Upgrade.

Just to let people know that I have recently purchased (yes, more money spent!) the latest version of the Invision forum software. It'll have new features and it will look better! Hopefully I can make it more spam proof too.

I'll also be installing an add on which will alow users to setup their own coin photo gallery! Much like what is done on another site that you probably all know about! You'll be able to easily share pictures of your coins with all the forum users in your own sort of coin photo album.

The forum upgrade will go on over the weekend at some point (I hope) and the photo add on will be added once that first stage has gone smoothly.

There are a few unknown variables, so while I'll try to make sure there is very little down time during the switch, you'll understand if the forum doesn't run well or is not available over the weekend.

No worries Chris, I have been able to post photos of my loverlies for sometime now :rolleyes:

You may have noticed the new style forum!

It's still in it's default state at the moment, so I'll to predecimalise it will be the next job.

I like it! I like it! Great site now, Chris, but doesn't it look like one of your rival sites? :D

Invision based sites all look the same....I'll be customising it when I get a moment.

When I logged on yesterday I was taken aback, but nobody else posted anything so I thought I was the only one!

How do you think I should customise it?

I want to put predecimal and rotographic banners at the bottom, and I want links at the top too.

What else?

I woouldn't change too much, Chris. Being similar to other sites makes transfer between them easier, so probably more popular. :D

How can be customised?

Kewl British coins and tokens of course, images by golly :D

Ok, I shall take your suggestions in most sincerely!

The upgrade looks very smart indeed.

Can't wait for the gallery feature.

One minor gripe is that I found that with the old format it was easier to spot forums with new threads. Is it possible to change the colours to indicate that rather than have all the main forum folders in blue ?

It should be like before, they should be dark blue when there's something new.

Unless you were using an alternative skin (of which none of them work properly yet!)?

I need to sort out the skins too, so when that's done, if you change it you might get it back to how it looked for you.

One minor gripe is that I found that with the old format it was easier to spot forums with new threads. Is it possible to change the colours to indicate that rather than have all the main forum folders in blue ?

I always click "Today's Active Topic" at the bottom. Perhaps not as direct, but it saves delving into the individual forums.

Is there a way to change the skin on this forum? It looks like a Coinpeople knockoff, too much for my comfort. :rolleyes:

Guest Guest_Rob_I'm_a_Guest

I prefer the dates to be shown as previously as opposed to today and yesterday followed by date order. Systematic dating is better than mixed nomenclature.

Done that! I knew I'd seen that setting somewhere! (the admin area is totally different for me now)