British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest paul

coins

Guest paul

hy my father has just passed away recently and i have over 3000 coins of his a lot of half crowns and shillings 3d bits the silver coloured ones i would just like to know of any sites that show these coins and also if you can tell me how u know if there real silver or not if there is such a thing

3000 coins is alot of coins. Dates and condition are very important. If its a collection in date order with good conditions it could be worth serious money. A better idea of what you have would be helpful.

Gary

Basically you can tell by the type of coin and the date as to whether it contains silver. As Gary suggested, depending on the condition and particular coin it is possible that most of the value of a coin is in its scarcity value rather than its silver content. On the other hand, if these are a lot of worn coins collected from change then it may be that the silver does account for most of the value. It all depends on condition.

Are they all British?