British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Guest Butch

Only one coin shop in Edinburgh?

Guest Butch

Hello everyone,

I'm a Yank who collects (sporadically) post-1860 farthings. I'm heading on Edinburgh and environs on a business trip, and thought I'd look in on any coin shops in Edinburg while I'm there. I've looked online and I can only find one shop ("Edinburgh Coin Shop") listed. Surely in a city that size there must be more than one? Or maybe not.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Cheers,

Butch

You may be correct! Last time I was in Edinburgh (2 or 3 years ago) I only found one. It's on the main street leading down to the gardens from the Old Town. I seem to remember it was principally an antique shop which also sold coins - but nothing special.

Geoff

ive noticed that coin shops are always hidden away

and never are easy to find

Very true, with the exception of the London ones of course.

any1 still want the address

Yes please,

Probobaly visited it already though

Best place in Edinburgh are the second hand shops and car boot sales to be honest.

JAmes

This discussion is years old but has only just come to my attention.
For anybody interested, I run a stamp shop in Edinburgh, but we carry a wide stock of coins and banknotes, as well as handling them through our auctions.
Butch - if you're ever over this way again you'd be welcome to come and see what we have. Our shop address, hours, directions, and so on are all on our website at www.stamp-shop.com.

This discussion is years old but has only just come to my attention.

For anybody interested, I run a stamp shop in Edinburgh, but we carry a wide stock of coins and banknotes, as well as handling them through our auctions.

Butch - if you're ever over this way again you'd be welcome to come and see what we have. Our shop address, hours, directions, and so on are all on our website at www.stamp-shop.com.

While I was touring Scotland, I had a cabbie drive me out to your shop, only to find out you were closed. It was about 10am in the morning. Sorry I missed you.

I think you've found quite a gap in the market! Just where it was needed, too! I wish you all the best for your shop, and if I ever go to Edinburgh again I'll be sure to pop in.

The Edinburgh Coin shop is no longer in business due to the sad death of the owner. I would recommend Cavannah Antiques on Cockburn Street and Robert Murray Stamp shop in Inverleith as both being good sources for coins.