British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Guest bulldog

Advice on new collection

Guest bulldog

Hi, I recently bought a few coins from a particular year for sentimental reasons only, however, i've been looking around and there are some really nice coins about and have considered taking collecting them as a hobby but wouldnt know where to start and am really looking for some good honest advise about the best way forward! so far i have only bought a few, as i say for sentimental reasons or because they simply looked nice! Probably not the best way forward and thats why i'm here!

Guest bulldog

that looks so confusing!

may take a look at the book mentioned and the mags in smiths see whats what. atleast i havent spent more than a couple of pounds on any of the coins that i have. Very interesting subject from what ive seen so far.

The key is to find out as much as you can about the possibilities and the pitfalls.

There's nothing wrong with buying coins for sentimental reasons or because you like the look of them - provided you don't pay over the odds. These are often the main reasons why people collect.

Once you decide what to collect find a helpful dealer or two who can guide you.

welcome bulldog