British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Rob

Halfpennies for sale

A couple of rare halfpenny duplicates for disposal as follows. Please contact me for big pictures.

1738 V/S in GEORGIVS (ex-Nicholson lot 249). Based on fairly exhaustive searches through past auction catalogues, this is the 3rd best example I have found. £375.

1863 Tall 3 Proof Freeman 293 (No specimen known!) of which I have found 4 examples. £495.

Could you post reasonable sized pictures on here?

Could you post reasonable sized pictures on here?

Best picture for the 1738 is this link to the Nicholson pictures.

This is the 1863, but a scanner doesn't show the amount of original colour remaining. If anyone knows how to get good scans of bronze and copper with a realistic colour for lustre, please let me know.

post-45-1139658586_thumb.jpg

Hi Rob

reference your scanning problem- get a good digital Camera, its quicker and the colour is true. There is another tread on this forum about digital photography of coins, I am sure you have read it.