British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Fmxsupasta

old coin?

Well i found a coin in my dads old coin collection.it looks old and it was in a REALLLLLLY old little box. I think its copper its fairly heavy. on one side it has a bust of some guy that looks like an emperor of some sort. Above the the head it says " D Clodius Septimius Albinus Caes". On the reverse side theres a picture of some kind of goddess holding a branch or somthing and a spear and a sheild.any help with this would be muchly appreciated. i will post pictures quickly.

There's no need to post in 2 places. This sounds Roman and therefore is ancient related, so I've deleted the other one.

sorry lol its my first time posting so..but anyway is there anyway i could get an idea of how old the coin is or anything ive been searching online for hours and havent found anything

I'm suspicious that you know the legend reads Clodius Septimius Albinus Caes, because on all Roman coins there are no spaces and it can be very difficult to read what they say on them....So how did you know where to put the spaces?

If it's a real coin then it's clearly from the time of Clodius Albinus (about 195AD).

You should attach a picture to your next post.

Guest franny

I have a roman coin found in a mine from a few years ago

how do I get it valued

Franny, a good way would be registering and showing a pic of it, so some of the experts around can gie you some guidance on its value.

come on franny it's free and easy

go ahead you know you wan't to :D

Chris Perkins Posted on Feb 9 2006, 10:15 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm suspicious that you know the legend reads Clodius Septimius Albinus Caes, because on all Roman coins there are no spaces and it can be very difficult to read what they say on them....So how did you know where to put the spaces?

If it's a real coin then it's clearly from the time of Clodius Albinus (about 195AD).

You should attach a picture to your next post. 

i knew where to put the spaces because on google i typed the whole word thingy in and it didnt come up with the whole phrase or w/e just parts so i figgerd it out..took quite a while to...not even sure if its a real coin or anything i just to know WHAT it is... though it was in this old velvet lined case thinger..anyway heres a picture

22.jpg

222.jpg

Looks like a repro to me, it's too round, the rim is too good and the style is not entirely Romanesque.

Whats the diameter in mm?