British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sam

Iranian Pahlavi

Guest Sam

Hi - can anyone tell me where I can get an Iranian gold pahlavi, or 1/4, or 1/2 pahlavi, preferably for the year 1964 (1343 Iranian year). I've spotted a few on various sites, but none are for the year I want.

According to Krause 2002, those denominations from that year have been reported to exist, but never confirmed. So I imagine that at least makes them very rare if the Krause researchers can't find one....If they even exist at all.

Guest Sam

Thank you - are there any other Iranian coins of particular interest for that year? The reason I ask is my husband is Iranian and has his 40th birthday this year and I thought it would be a nice surprise gift and as it's a surprise I can't ask him!

As far as I can see all the other base metal denominations were issued that year, the 10 Rials, 5 Rials etc. I can see no precious metal coins apart from the questioned denominations you already mentioned.

I have 2 small silver Iranian coins, both predate your husband by quite a way, but seeing as I'm unlikely to ever sell them to any German collectors (where I live) you're welcome to them priced to sell....They are:

500 Dinar 1332 (1913 AD) VF grade, boy king on obv with usual Iran beast with sword on back.

500 Dinar, Haven't worked out exact date yet, but I believe it's from around the 1890's early 1900's. Fine grade.

Both coins are about 19mm and silver.

They are both pretty.

Guest Guest

Hi

thanks for your help. I've found a 1342 one, which can be 1964 too - wrong part of it, but as near as I'm probably going to get! So, I'm going to have a think about that.

Thanks again

Samantha

Well fair enough then.

The 2 I mentioned are yours for £8.00 inc postage, and I'm sure they won't be going anywhere should you need a top up gift!