British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Is a Fenman someone responsible for draining marsh land to build houses and shops on? I used to live in a small town (that started as a village) called Blackfen, on the London/Kent border.

Old folk said it was all marshland before about 1920 and my nan remembered the 'Fenmen' (if it's right) giving her apples as a child, from the fallen apple trees while they were draining, and creating Blackfen.

Jumpers for goalposts.

Chris, I was led to believe it was any man from or near the Fenlands who cut peat. I should really look into the true meaning seeing as it's my screename lol.

I shoot rifles and actually took the name from my favourite piece of kit, the Theoben Fenman rifle.

I too have heard of Fenland drains, which are an artificial waterway popular with anglers.

Afraid I only know this 'cos I'm a keen fisherman too.