British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Chris Perkins

(SOLD) Early 1800's Canadian Tokens

A selection of 7 c1810 to c1850s Canadian Copper tokens. Price £20 for the 7.

Very similar to British Conder Tokens, from a Canada which at that time was not united into the Canada we know today. Undercollected as far as I can tell, and they're all good quality.

Pictures of all of them here: http://www.predecimal.com/canadatokens/

There are 3 in Spanish from Wellington, are they Canadian? What do you know about them?

I know nothing about them 'Unknown', I bought them as part of a large collection and they were labelled (seemingly by someone who knew what they were doing) as Canadian. I know that there were lots of Canadian tokens with Wellington on.

The Wellington Tokens

These are a series of tokens featuring the Duke of Wellington and bearing references to his victories against Napoleon. Many began as anonymous private tokens in England and were sent to Canada after being withdrawn from circulation in England. Some were issued in Canada, as the series was very popular among both English and French Candians. The varieties issued in Canada are lighter in weight than those struck in England. The Wellington tokens circulated mostly in Lower Canada, but spread into the other colonies in the course of trade.

1965 Standard Catalogue of Canadian Coins Tokens and Paper Money, Thirteenth Edition, by J.E. Charlton

It's a crazy world.

I must admit I had not paid much attention to it and when I tried to read it and realised it wasn't English or German I had a foreign language block, assumed it was Latin or something and just put it back in its envelope!

Chris

PM sent.

Sign in to follow this