British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Chris Perkins

A few bits for sale.

I thought I'd offer these items for sale here before putting them on ebay.

They are:

1. A Jubilee Florin 1887 Brooch. Hallmarked silver bezel, possibly the original box. The coin rotates so that either the tail or head side is shown at the front. Price £25.

2. A proof 1972 cased crown. It's better than usual because it's in its original plastic pack AFDC. Box is also good. Price £24.

3. A saucer like 1975 Panama 20 Balboas. Enormous 130g Sterling silver coin contaning about £21 worth of silver. Boxed as issued. Price £26.00

4. As above, 1974 Coin, as issued. Price £26.

5. A paperweight made up of silver European coins. The coins seem to have been coloured bronze for some reason. Whatever it started life as, it has small holes in either side, but is useful now as a numismatic paperweight. It's hollow and most of the coins have been cut or bent to be mounted on the metal base. The top coin is a nice 1850 Halfcrown. Price £22.

6. Big Russian copper coin. 10 Kopek isn't it, I haven't checked the Russian yet! An AVF attractive coin. Price £7.00

7. Swedish Riksdaler 1776. Good/NF. Price £12. SOLD

Pictures of all are here: http://www.predecimal.com/forsale2/

Let me know if anyone would like any of those.

Chris. What are the rules for this section of the forum? i.e what is "sensible"?

Chris. What are the rules for this section of the forum? i.e what is "sensible"?

He judiciously makes them, and enforces them :D

PM Sent. Nice stuff.

6. Big Russian copper coin. 10 Kopek isn't it, I haven't checked the Russian yet! An AVF attractive coin. Price £7.00

Actually, that is a 5 kopeck piece. The 10 kopeck piece (grivna) is silver.

The rules are: Don't list anything over graded, badly described, with fraudulent hopes, dodgy in any way. In other words, don't make it look like eBay! Nothing non numismatic either, it's not bric-a-brac.

Try to keep it to items valued from £1 - £100. I know a lot of the members, so if anyone isn't sure about the credentials of a seller, please ask me. I provide no gaurantee, all risks are down to the buyers and sellers involved in the transactions.

I know you lot are all very sensible, but if I do see anything and think to myself 'You can't do that' or 'Bloody hell!' then it'll be removed. I'm very flexible as you know.

I will just say I liked everything FS, but could only buy the Swedish this time. Otherwise the boss will slaughter me.