British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Guest gate9797

1936 Penny: Value?

Guest gate9797

I am not a collector and know next to nothing about numismatic methods and data searching.

Hence I have a very simple question followed by a general question.

What is the value range for a 1936 penny in fine or a little better than fine condition?

Is there a comprehensive online database for looking up the answer to this sort of question?

Thanks for any assistance in this matter.

Scrap value as 1936 pennies are relatively common in UNC condition for not a lot of money. Hence, no one (apart from a beginner or date collector) would want anything under EF.

I am not a collector and know next to nothing about numismatic methods and data searching.

Hence I have a very simple question followed by a general question.

What is the value range for a 1936 penny in fine or a little better than fine condition?

Is there a comprehensive online database for looking up the answer to this sort of question?

Thanks for any assistance in this matter.

Spink 2006 prices are VF 50p, EF £6 and UNC £30, fine is unpriced. These values seem a bit high compared to what is available on various lists. In fine it will be worth pence, though I doubt you could sell it as there is no shortage of low grade 20th century bronze. Suitable references for prices are Spink's annual Standard Catalogue of British Coins and Collector's Coins published by the owner of this forum. There is an on-line price equivalent of these books which although it is not very comprehensive giving just the year and grade for various denominations and doesn't appear at first sight to specify any varieties, could provide some insight. It is written by someone called Tony Clayton. Type in coin prices + UK into Google and it is the 1st or 2nd entry.

Guest gate9797

Thanks for the information.