British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest custard1966

Coin News

Guest custard1966

How many here read Coin News ? I've found that the availability of coins on the Web has rendered it less & less useful to me.

Stamp & Coin Mart ? Seems good for stamp collectors, fairly pointless for numismatists

Are there any other worthwhile publications anyone would recommend ?

Hello custard,

I have an ad in Coin News and have previously had an add in Stamp and coin mart too.

The people at Coin News are really very nice (actually Carol is quite attractive too ;)) and they have a large readership, most of which are serious coin collectors. Now from my point of view, it's all very well people serching the web, finding me, reading all the interesting stuff and then leaving!

What I really need of course is for people to actually buy things, and I know for a fact that because of my ad in Coin News and on the Coin News website, that people do see me and buy things. In fact every serious numismatist and dealer that I know buys that magazine, so in the trade, it is hugely Important. On a personal level I also still believe that a magazine, ie printed paper is much more readable than a website, and a little more convenient too. You will also find dealers in there that have no online presence (or a laughable one!), and Coin News have a nice looking website, which shows they are embracing that side of things too.

I think the internet, and magazines like that can both thrive simultaneously.

Hmmm, well the 3 pages in Stamp and Coin Mart about coins are all very well, but it is really a stamp collectors mag primarily. The ad I had in there had a zero response.

I'm not aware of any other worthy titles.

Woow i haven't seen a copy of Coin News in a shop in years...

Most high street shops around my area seem to stock the stamp one occasionally if i really unlucky, but i haven't seen any coin ones for a long long time. I guess WHSmiths just don't cater for coin collectors as much these days...

Yes, it is a difficult title to get sometimes. I think because the shops that stock it normally have most of the copies reserved for customers. I know WHS do have it, and have purchased it there myself.

You get a free copy sent if you go to http://www.tokenpublishing.com