British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Emperor Oli

Collectors' Coins Great Britain 2006 Edition

So what do we all think of the brand spanking new edition?

I for one like it; the higher quality paper for both the cover and pages is wonderful, and gives it a feel that the previous edition was lacking. The cover art is also exceptional, with the 1807 1d looking really quite striking. All in all a lovely book, and for under a fiver it's a drop in the ocean compared to some other catalogues.

---

As for the typos I found, on the back cover, second line "rsearchers" missing an "e" obviously, and the inside page facing the back cover has "opportinity" instead of "opportunity". That's all I saw with a quick scan of the text.

As for the typos I found, on the back cover, second line "rsearchers" missing an "e" obviously, and the inside page facing the back cover has "opportinity" instead of "opportunity". That's all I saw with a quick scan of the text.

Damn it!

The whole of the inside was proofread, but perhaps he didn't look at the ad. The back is just stupid isn't it!

I'll make sure I change them now incase a reprint is needed in the future.

Dyslexia of the fingers is catching! :(

On your 5th reprint maybe the Error version will become collectable. :D

I like it. Far more readable than Spink and a quarter of the price.

My only real gripe is the cover: it seems to curl up very easily when read and I have to keep it flat under other books.

But that's only a minor complaint. Still the best value guide around.

Thanks.

Yes, I was *%$$ed off about the covers when they arrived from the printers. It is thicker than the last edition, but apparently it was the first time they used thie particular laminating company, and it's the thicker lamination that causes the cover to curl up like one of those fortune telling fish you get in Christmas Crackers!

I'm going to try to get some money off.

Go Chris :lol:

I maypurchase one of these with my christmas money, as I need a new coin book. Also I haven't recieved a coin(for my collection) in 3/4 months. I am so deprived <_<

Guest Guest

Mitch

I gave you a coin book and you disappeared.

Hang on in there.

Its a great hobby and CCGB 2006 is great value.

I hate not logging in. :angry:

Why would Chris want to buy my 1981 copy of CC on ebay? :ph34r:

He is a Rotographic Collector....I would guess.

I've been buying/bought catalogues since the late 60's....they are up the loft or I've given them away.

They all make interesting reading to see which coins have in real terms appreciated or depreciated.

Why would Chris want to buy my 1981 copy of CC on ebay? :ph34r:

I'm trying to put together a full set of each year, for each book. And a couple of spares would also be good. Unbelievably the previous owner kept very few samples of the books.

I got a Collectors Coins GB first edition the other day on ebay (don't have it yet).

I've already got Collectors Coins Ireland first edition. I think if anybody should have all of the books, it should be me! Have you seen the archive are on the rotographic website?

I have received mine and I am very happy with it, but yes, that folding cover can be in the improve list for next year. :lol:

What I love that the other one lacked is the smell... yes that smell of brand new book... this is just right!

Me? On drugs? No way, can you prove it? :unsure:

:D

Keep the fivers coming and I'll keep your craving satisfied Juan!

Mitch

I gave you a coin book and you disappeared.

Hang on in there.

Its a great hobby and CCGB 2006 is great value.

I still use it Peter as it is nice to compare changing prices. It also has information than my other books. Sorry I disappeared but I had my Birthday then coursework then a Grman exchange and finally more coursework. It's settling down a bit now so I should be here longer this time.

Wars Du schon in Deutschland Mitch?

I wouldn't know Chris. The German boy came here. He lives in Sandhausen which is near Stuttgart.

Hi Chris I think I'v spotted a typo.

On the 1848 sixpence. 1693A 8 is altered 6 the price is quoted as £1000 instead of £100.

Thanks, I've made sure that doesn't appear in the next one!

Thanks, I've made sure that doesn't appear in the next one!

No problem.

Great book. This is my first issue, but I shall be buying again! :)

I have received mine and I am very happy with it, but yes, that folding cover can be in the improve list for next year. :lol:

What I love that the other one lacked is the smell... yes that smell of brand new book... this is just right!

Me? On drugs? No way, can you prove it? :unsure:

:D

It's OK! It's quite legal. My wife is hooked on the smell of new books. When I get my new Coin Magazine or any new coin books, she just has to fan the pages and inhale her kick!

I,ve just been looking at the vickie pennies on page 27 and am I correct in thinking that most of the freeman numbers don't match the Revs. Should it be 6B 1A 13D 14E 10D 15D 16D & 17D or am I missing something. Also the notes at the bottom should they read Rev.B Rev.A for the 1st two.

On page 39, threepences 1952 should be Peck 2398. Page 83, 1955 = P2495, 1956 = P2497, 1957 = P2499, 1958 = P2501, 1959 = P2501B, 1960 + P2501D, 1961 = P2501F, 1962 = P2501H & 1963 = P2501J

Finally, for the 1903 penny you quote a 'closed 3' could you elaborate on the description. What should I be looking for.

Gary

Thanks, I'll check those and make necessary amendments in the 2007 edition.

Which Freeman do you have? I borrowed the latest for the book and have given it back and just have the 1970 edition here.

The open '3' 1903 penny has a bottom tail that points below the '0'. It's in Gouby's book....I'll elaborate tomorrow.

Thanks, I'll check those and make necessary amendments in the 2007 edition.

Which Freeman do you have? I borrowed the latest for the book and have given it back and just have the 1970 edition here.

The open '3' 1903 penny has a bottom tail that points below the '0'. It's in Gouby's book....I'll elaborate tomorrow.

I've got the 1985 2nd edition.

Gary