British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

I used to browse coins on ebay and bid and buy occasionally - but - they have now blocked my ident and password saying I am a security risk. :huh: This I could accept if I had viruses but a scan with AntiVir and the "malicious program debugger" from Microsoft can find nothing! A long list of bugs was given by Microsoft, all clear. I wanted to appeal the blocking, but the only help i got from ebay was to be told to log on and go through the appeal procedure. You've guessed it! I can't log on because I'm blocked! Anyone else been in this position? and if so, what's the answere?:angry:

Edited by Geordie582

Are you sure someone hasn't hijacked your account? Are you sure the notice of your blocking comes from ebay? I get 2 or 3 spoofs a day asking to confirm details or telling me my account is suspended or about to be. Your feedback doesn't say that you are no longer a member which I think it would do if they had suspended you. Try clearing cookies, temporary internet folders and history and run a virus check and something like Spybot if you can. If you can't find anything unusual, try again.

Yes, those bloody spoof emails claiming to be from ebay (and often paypal and some banks) annoy me more than spam at the moment.

Usually I just forward them to spoof@ebay.com (or spoof@paypal.com).

It was ebay alright. Their customer services email confirmed it. I guess I'll just have to cast the site into the dustbin! Probably a good thing. I have bought some good coins there but some duds also. It maybe teach me to be more picky although my main past-time was buying coins that were doubtfully identified and trying to calalogue them correctly. :(

Oh! and by the way, I'm selling an item on ebay, so how I'm supposed to service the deal when the auction finishes, I have no idea! :huh:

Have you been upsetting a few folk :o .

There are so many muppetts I don't bother anymore...From Mr Pratt who thought his 1936 vf 1/2d was very rare and deserved a starting bid of £15....i pointed out £1 max and my history of 40 years collecting and was met with a torrent of gobbledegook....about spinks,pricing and grading.

Geordie try speaking to ebay....it may be a pain sometimes but those coins DO APPEAR.

OK! I've cracked it! I'm back on ebay by subterfuge. I have registered again, using 582geordie instead of geordie582, and using a Switch card instead of Credit Card. So now you know! A silly thing as, once registered, they put me staight to the coins pages!!! Do you reckon they know what they're doing?? :blink:

You've lost all your feedback then ? :(

Yep! But I'm not bothered. As long as it doesn't interfere with future bidding :D

Dislexia of the fingers again!

Edited by Geordie582

Who or what are the Back Street Boys? :blink:

Who or what are the Back Street Boys? :blink:

Haven’t a clue,

Some septic pop group I suppose

Funny recording though.

Bob