British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

"Thou" is simply the old form of the second person singular, like the French "tu" or the German "du":-

I am

Thou art

He/she it is

We are

You are

They are

Accusative = thee Genitive = thy

These days we use the plural "you" in all contexts

We never learned anything about the Genitive or Accusative cases in English. In fact i didn't think English actually had them. Don't remember them in French either, i seem to remember the first time i ever came across these terms was at the age of 16 when doing German at school.

And we certainly never declined and congugated knowingly. The terminology was never taught to us. Which i think was a bad move.

I only learned that stuff proper when i started trying to learn latin (self taught). I'm on my fifth attempt now in 7 years. It's very difficult. The grammar terms lose me far too much. Gets too complex. And this is beginners? I found the dunce's guide to it though and it's helping alot more. I wonder if they do an idiot's guide to it?

Hopefully i can enrol for Archaeology with beginner's latin next year. I will learn this blasted language if it takes me a life time to get beyond simple sentences to ones that include atque.

I only learned that stuff proper when i started trying to learn latin (self taught).

Have fun with the noun declensions, there's a combination of about seventy suffixes to learn. Plus besides the normal nominative, accusative, genitive and dative cases, you've got the ablative, locative and vocative ones! Good luck :P

there's a combination of about seventy suffixes to learn. Plus besides the normal nominative, accusative, genitive and dative cases, you've got the ablative, locative and vocative ones!

I cant see an emote for "over my head"

:blink::P

I only learned that stuff proper when i started trying to learn latin (self taught).

Have fun with the noun declensions, there's a combination of about seventy suffixes to learn. Plus besides the normal nominative, accusative, genitive and dative cases, you've got the ablative, locative and vocative ones! Good luck :P

You should try Russian! It makes Latin case endings look simple.

Persevere with the Latin. Its reliance on inflection rather than word order to impart meaning is the source of its conciseness, which to me is one of its virtues.

G

As long as you can read a menu in French,order a Beer in most languages and understand a womens glare..... you can gert through life. :D

As long as you can read a menu in French,order a Beer in most languages and understand a womens glare..... you can gert through life. :D

I prefer a womans gaze over a glare anyday, and I can order a beer in most languages. With that I am set for life.

I prefer a womans gaze

mmmm me too ;)

When they see my collection its usually a Glaze, ;)