British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Chris Perkins

CCGB2006

I'll use this area to let folks know about the progress on CCGB2006 if I may.

So far, the cover is coming along. It's going to be a kind of turquise this year, as I'm fed up with white (like all 4 books do far). Hopefully that colour will compliment the 2 lovely copper pennies on the front. Cover should be done in a few days.

The inside part I have expanded to over 15 pages extra (so far). This is mainly taken up by introductions to each coin type, which include the designer names and little snippets of information.

I don't think I'll have a chance to do much with the decimal section, but I have expanded it to include all the Bank of England token varieties, and there are a few more/new images.

So far, I have orders for 700 copies, which is a good start.

Jolly good, is it the same cover designer as the milestone CC2005? How big do you reckon the print run will be?

I'll get one at the London Coin Fair :)

Yes, same cover designer. She's done all of them up to now, and it means that it's cheaper as each design is similar, the same size, has the logo at the bottom etc.

See you at the 'Cumberland' as it's called by the dealers (because it used to be in the Cumberland hotel).

I hope to attend the London Coin Fair too....see you all there! I can't wait to see what the new CC2006 will look like.

Actually, it might be white again after all! Whichever, I'll surely have some with me.

What a nice surprise, WHSmith have just ordered 1000 pre publication! This is important, as it'll mean that they get them on their shelves in time for Christmas, which I'm hoping will be a time when lots of them are sold. They didn't manage it last year, mainly because I didn't realise they need so much notice.

They're funny WHSmith, you email them, write to them, phone them and you never seem to get anywhere. And then, out of the blue, an email order for 2,200 books (1000 CCGB2006 + 600 Roman Silver and 600 Banknotes 2006). So the Roman and Banknotes will also be on shelves for Christmas.

So far, that's 1700 CCGB2006 sold pre publication! Because I was new, I had 0 pre publication orders last year.

What a nice surprise, WHSmith have just ordered 1000 pre publication! This is important, as it'll mean that they get them on their shelves in time for Christmas, which I'm hoping will be a time when lots of them are sold. They didn't manage it last year, mainly because I didn't realise they need so much notice.

They're funny WHSmith, you email them, write to them, phone them and you never seem to get anywhere. And then, out of the blue, an email order for 2,200 books (1000 CCGB2006 + 600 Roman Silver and 600 Banknotes 2006). So the Roman and Banknotes will also be on shelves for Christmas.

So far, that's 1700 CCGB2006 sold pre publication! Because I was new, I had 0 pre publication orders last year.

Excellent news.

I don't suppose you could persuade them to stop moving all the books around at least once a fortnight :)

I can no longer find the Antiques/Collectables section

Unfortunatley I have no influence on where they put them....Or I'd have them in a pile by the till!

I'd have them ready bagged up with reciept... :D

Well, add to those the ones you are going to sell to each of us... it is a decent number of pre-sold books! :D

I've just had a reprint of 1,200 x CCGB2006 done.

These later ones don't have such a curly cover and have had known errors removed (eg. 'rsearchers' on the back cover, and quite a few from the inside too!)

The new one has '33rd Edition, Re-print © 2006' as the 3rd line of the first page.

This means that a total of 6,700 copies have been printed. Of those there are about 2,300 left and if they sell out then that's a 34% sales increase compared to the 2005 version.

Do you want us to buy direct, or pester Smiths again? :D

Well, the UK warehouse/courier people have 600 of the old edition to sell first, so you'd have to buy 600 from Smiths before the new ones started coming through (and you're most welcome to do that!).

And, I don't actually have any of the new ones personally (just a sample) so you're going to have to wait until the old stock is sold.

No hurry! B)

On second thoughts, WHEN I win the lottery, I'll buy the backlog - just for the hell of it! :rolleyes: