British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest chris_lander

Whats your favourite album of all time?

Guest chris_lander

Hello forumees

What would you say was your favourite album of all time. One for instance that provokes imagery or memories. One that you can recall completely in your head. One that has never seen the light outside your cd tray.

Mine for instance is Queen II

Erm, Queen II is ok definately, it spends quite a time in my CD player, but I'd probably go for the all time classic 'Dark side of the Moon', Led Zeppelin II (or III) or 'Division Bell' from the last 10 years. I only have Dark side and Led Zep II on Vinyl!

Last year would of course be the Darkness - Permission to land.

I'm also partial to a lot of Metallica, Yngwie J Malmsteen and Twisted Sister! Black Sabbath's Paranoid is also a pretty well balanced album. I have all bar 2 of Pink Floyd on Vinyl and all bar 1 Beatles Vinyl album.

Chris

Erm, Queen II is ok definately, it spends quite a time in my CD player, but I'd probably go for the all time classic 'Dark side of the Moon', Led Zeppelin II (or III) or 'Division Bell' from the last 10 years. I only have Dark side and Led Zep II on Vinyl!

Last year would of course be the Darkness - Permission to land.

I'm also partial to a lot of Metallica, Yngwie J Malmsteen and Twisted Sister! Black Sabbath's Paranoid is also a pretty well balanced album. I have all bar 2 of Pink Floyd on Vinyl and all bar 1 Beatles Vinyl album.

Chris

Iron Maiden - The number of the Beast.

Although i don't really follow music as such or groups for that matter, i do listen to lots and lots of different types of music, but i've always liked a bit of Maiden...

Ah 'Children of the Damned', and 'The Prisoner'.

I used to have some Deep Purple somewhere but i seem to have misplaced it right now.

But my parents were mad on Purple (amongst other things...) so i could always borrow their stuff. :D

You know, it is a strange phenomenon that from experience 99.9% of coin collectors/dealers always like proper music. I mean of course, with a proper band and talented people, usually with a leaning towards 'Rock' genres, not the mass marketed shite that the whole world is drowning in, and has been drowning for a while now.

Chris

You know, it is a strange phenomenon that from experience 99.9% of coin collectors/dealers always like proper music. I mean of course, with a proper band and talented people, usually with a leaning towards 'Rock' genres, not the mass marketed shite that the whole world is drowning in, and has been drowning for a while now.

Chris

I agree with you Chris.

I like music from singers/bands that can 1) sing! 2) play their own instruments, 3) Don't sound like everyone else...or follow everyone else.

And i hate Hip-hop and those manufactured bands that have no talent what so ever. The one that springs instantly to mind is that Hear-say rubbish. Not to mention all those others.

If they can write their own music that's even a start!

Guest Chris_lander

Cool, Chris i like Led Zeppelin to!

My favourite Led Zeppelin album is proberly III, but then again i havnt heard them all

Everyone get into Led Zepplin this minute for a free 1967 Penny!

Chris_Lander, why don't you actually register, you seem to contribute more than some members already.

Chris

Guest Chris_Lander

I thought of it, but i like the subtletly of not registering

BTW Permission to Land was my favourite album of last year, along with the White Stripes Elephant

I think i just corrected your spelling there ;) but i'm not sure either!

If you register you can login anonymously....Spooky a?

Chris

Last year the King's Consort brought out a brilliant double CD of their reconstruction of the Coronation of George II, which is a feast of English music from the 16th-18th centuries and at the moment rarely out of my CD player... as I lovingly gaze on my George II coronation medals.

What is this "Darkness" thing? Must ask the servants... :P

Geoff

Blimey Geoff, you even listen to music to match your coins! That's what I call dedication, and I'm sure it's very good. I maintain that if any of the Rock greats of today had lived during the 16/17th century, they'd be powerful classical geniuses....Just like Mozart or Beethoven would today be the Rock legends of our age. (Imagine Mozart in 'The Mozarts' about him and his disfunctional family!)

The Electric guitar replaced the violin/piano orchestra etc as a means of Rocking the world.

It's all the same to me. Real power and feeling is all you need.

Chris

Yes, you can't beat Elgar's Coronation Ode for Edward VII or Parry's I was glad when contemplating a 1902 crown.

As E.M. Forster said - Only connect...

Geoff

Yes, you can't beat Elgar's Coronation Ode for Edward VII or Parry's I was glad when contemplating a 1902 crown.

As E.M. Forster said - Only connect...

Geoff

Ah Land of Hope and Glory...