British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Sylvester

Your favourite all time British coin...

All I can say is PREPARE FOR HATEMAIL!!!!!!! lol.

C.C.C.C

Crap Chirchill crown club :lol:

Perhaps this is a good time to point out that the Master has just broken one of his own rules that he laid down for everyone. Though shalt not swear? :D

You were waiting for that weren't you. I bet you had a little post it not stuck on the side of the monitor that said 'Pull up Master JMD on language because he made a rule against it'!

You are, like your Cat name sake..Dissssspspicable, which is great!

You were waiting for that weren't you. I bet you had a little post it not stuck on the side of the monitor that said 'Pull up Master JMD on language because he made a rule against it'!

You are, like your Cat name sake..Dissssspspicable, which is great!

yes i'm afraid i was Chris! :D Dissssspicable.

I just realised...If we did start a thread on Churchill crowns, Chris (and Master JMD ;) ) wouldn't allow it, because of all the bad language... :D

Why wouldn't Master JMD allow bad language?

Twas one of his highness' new rules set down a few weeks ago. Vigilantism I believed I called it!

Why wouldn't Master JMD allow bad language?

Here are his 'Forum Rules'

Ahh I did say vigilantism, and presumptuous vigilantism at that!

What would happen if we said a swearword in a different context? :P

I really like the George IV Half crowns with the floral design (1820 & 1821), but my favorite is the very beautiful Gothic crowns.

I really like the George IV Half crowns with the floral design (1820 & 1821), but my favorite is the very beautiful Gothic crowns.

I prefer sixpences from the same series. Despite beeing small comparing with halfcrowns. they are still very impressive.

I prefer sixpences from the same series. Despite beeing small comparing with halfcrowns. they are still very impressive.

I'll have to get one of those. Never thought of it due to the size... But I guess such a design would look fantastic on anything! Good suggestion!

I'll have to get one of those. Never thought of it due to the size... But I guess such a design would look fantastic on anything! Good suggestion!

I agree it's an attractive reverse design.

Here's my wee fella:

1821_SX_Rev02_CGS_zps3e02d20d.png

Thanks CT, but not even aUNC according to CGS (they have high standards!)

I also love this rev design, and find that in high-ish grade like this they can have great eye appeal, but in low-mid grades they look horrible!

1834_HC_Rev03_CGS_zps6ae88bfc.png

I also love this rev design, and find that in high-ish grade like this they can have great eye appeal, but in low-mid grades they look horrible!

High-ISH? ISH???? You can't get better than that!

High-ISH? ISH???? You can't get better than that!

I have ceased searching for an upgrade, it's a keeper! :)

Very good decision, Paulus; I'm not sure if one exists! You would be looking for a very long time...

I do like that design its less cluttered than the crown with its full garter chain , here is one with a bit of colourpost-7912-0-48797000-1415507700_thumb.jp

Love those too Shagreen and Declan!

I, like many many others, also love the out-of-reach-for-many Gothic Crowns, but isn't the design is the same on the much-more-obtainable Gothic Florins?

I would say so, Paulus - however, for me, the gothic florin design is not quite as detailed in terms of having the pattern behind the flowers, and because the writing takes up more space on the reverse, I would say that for me it looks far more like a currency piece. Plus, I find that they are harder to find in the better grades for some reason. And they're smaller.

Still, I can't afford either in good grades so my response is from looking at pictures and owning a few worn examples of Gothic florins! I guess it's just down to your opinion!