British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Sylvester

Your favourite all time British coin...

What's your's?

Mine would have to be the Godless/Gothic Florin variants and the Gothic Crown...absolutely gorgeous coins.

Sixpences follow not far behind...

Well I would say the Una and the Lion, but no one in the world ever sees them, including me!

Gothic florin/Half Crowns are high on the list for me too.

For some reason I like high grade Edward VII and George V stuff, I just like the heads for some reason, they look like distinguished gentleman even without Crowns or regalia.

I also like crowns because of the dimensions, and wreath crowns are particularly nice.

I like them all apart from the obvious monsters.

Chris

Well I would say the Una and the Lion, but no one in the world ever sees them, including me!

For some reason I like high grade Edward VII and George V stuff, I just like the heads for some reason, they look like distinguished gentleman even without Crowns or regalia.

I also like crowns because of the dimensions, and wreath crowns are particularly nice.

Chris

Ah the mighty Una and the Lion... hmmm

But i quite like HIGH grade hammered groats with a nice light blue tone too! And yes i have seen the odd one in my time!

I also like shield reverse sovereigns.

Indifferent to St George, but the G5 and E7 obverses when in high condition look pretty neat!

But my favourite 20th century coin goes to the Edward VII Florin, pure genius. One gorgeous coin.

Yes the Edward VII Florin is a wonderful coin, shame it wears so badly. Have you seen the 1904 penny for sale on the site?

Chris

Yes the Edward VII Florin is a wonderful coin, shame it wears so badly. Have you seen the 1904 penny for sale on the site?

Chris

Yeuk copper/bronze not my favourite metal...

But i'll have a look. But i'll warn you now i usually only tolerate the really lustrous stuff...

Much prefer silver myself...

Chris

Yeuk copper/bronze not my favourite metal...

But i'll have a look. But i'll warn you now i usually only tolerate the really lustrous stuff...

Much prefer silver myself...

Actually that's not bad for bronze!

Did i really just say that?

A Victoria jubilee head crown or double florin in top condition is a joy to behold - and hold. The detail on the obverse is wonderful and in that size easily visible.

Geoff

Do you know Geoff, I have a beautiful 1888 EF or better Crown for £75.00 that i'm about to put in next weeks newsletter. Also have some other mid grade Jubilee head Crowns and Double florins.

Don't tell anyone I told you, they'll all want exclusives! ;)

Chris

Chris

You're not going to believe me but I have seen one at an auction in abt.FDC condition!

Penny Master.

favourite all time British coin...aye, mine would have to be the 1762 Guinea...what texture

I seem to remember a poll on this subject in Coin News a couple of years ago and the Cartwheel Penny was voted favourite

i like cartwheel pennies, but they are not in my top 5 favourites.

My faviorite would have to be the 1826 proof £5. The reverse is just breathtaking!

Penny Master.

I am apalled that not a single mention is made of the Churchill Crown. Why, just today, I had the opportunity to rescue 2 of them from a dealers' junk box, for a mere US$0.75 each. Of course, that meant that I would've had to pass on a nice little Polish ditty, that I later found out I didn't need.

I am apalled that not a single mention is made of the Churchill Crown. Why, just today, I had the opportunity to rescue 2 of them from a dealers' junk box, for a mere US$0.75 each. Of course, that meant that I would've had to pass on a nice little Polish ditty, that I later found out I didn't need.

ive been trying to destroy all those...

I despise Churchies

I've got about five, I'm tempted to throw them away because they might turn me to stone if I look at them (Joke).

I've only got two of the things, but that's bad enough!

I've only got two of the things, but that's bad enough!

i've been giving away 1977s cos you just can't sell them, 1965s are twice as bad cos they are not just as common but they are also ugly.

Do you think we should start a Churchill Crown Fan Club on this forum, we could post all our nasty thoughts about them on there...lol

Do you think we should start a Churchill Crown Fan Club on this forum, we could post all our nasty thoughts about them on there...lol

i don't think 'fan' is the right word.

You never know...maybe there is someone (or something!) out there who likes them lol!

Well, we seem to waste mor eof our time talking about them, than anything else!

Yes, we do, that's why i started the fan club lol! :D

C.C.C.C

Crap Chirchill crown club :lol: