British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Master Jmd

Two farthings that I need priced...

Okay, I did a bit more of the Farthing price listing for CCEM, and I need the prices for 1675/2 and 5/3 in all conditions, as I do not have a guide that lists these, nor can I find the prices for them online.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Coincraft lists them as the same value, but that's a rather large book. I would omit them in a catalogue this size.

Coincraft lists them as the same value, but that's a rather large book. I would omit them in a catalogue this size.

Oli i've been adding varities into some serieses.

This book is technically supposed to be a definative general work. Leave them blank for now JMD and we'll work out those later.

Coincraft lists them as the same value, but that's a rather large book.  I would omit them in a catalogue this size.

Oli i've been adding varities into some serieses.

This book is technically supposed to be a definative general work. Leave them blank for now JMD and we'll work out those later.

I could understand if they were common varieties, but seeing that JMD can't find them anywhere in Spink or on the Internet, I would think they're not.

I defer to Chris. He's the guy that will be publishing the book. If i can ever get around to finishing writing it.

I defer to Chris. He's the guy that will be publishing the book. If i can ever get around to finishing writing it.

Good policy.

It's tempting to add everything you find, I know. Some varieties are rare and difficult to explain without images. Overdates are easy to explain, so they can go in if they definitely exist. As for the values, if no one knows about them then surely they would be sold for the same as the normal type?

As for the values, if no one knows about them then surely they would be sold for the same as the normal type?

Coincraft makes no distinction between the two on value; both are valued as follows:

VG - £10

F - £30

VF - £80

EF - £450.

Bear in mind this is approaching six years old.

As for the values, if no one knows about them then surely they would be sold for the same as the normal type?

Coincraft makes no distinction between the two on value; both are valued as follows:

VG - £10

F - £30

VF - £80

EF - £450.

Bear in mind this is approaching six years old.

Well i think the safest policy to go with is to include them and price them as the regular issues.

That way we don't get people pointing out, "yeah but you missed blah, blah", and it gives some idea to pricing a rather rare but relatively unknown type.

Opinions?

Thanks again :)

Edited by Master Jmd