British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Guest justin_I'm_a_Guest

1858 penny

Guest justin_I'm_a_Guest

i have a 1858 penny unc with a far colon and an ornamental trident could you please give some information and an approx valuation if possible

The precise value will depend on whether the the final date numeral is over another number (3, 6, 7, 9 have all been noted) and whether the date numerals are large or small.

But you're probably talking about £80 - £100 in UNC, assuming it's not a rarer type.

Hope this helps.

Guest justin_I'm_a_Guest

cannot see a number under last date number would it be clearly visible

Guest justin_I'm_a_Guest

thank you very much for your help i need to find a magnifying glass now to try to identify which one it is you have been very helpful thanx

Guest justin_I'm_a_Guest

sorry to be stupid but what does with ww and without ww mean

Are you sure it's really uncirculated? Most people that I know who can tell a coin is truly uncirculated know that the WW refers to the William Wyon initials on the Queens neck.

Post a picture. (and please, keep related posts in this one area)

Guest justin_I'm_a_Guest

having trouble downloading picture at moment sorry looks like penny is a type 5 with no ww and a large date is this of any value or collectible

Hi

I've seen people call Fine condition UNC.

Just because its nearly 150 years old doesn't help.

The majority of coins in your pocket less than 10 years old will be in less than VF condition.

All the same the 1858 1d is a splendid coin with a gorgeous Victoria....(I think there was a bit of artistic license) and impressive Britannia.

Guest justin_I'm_a_Guest

the coin has no scratches or marks and no wear at all to either side allfeatures are very well defined it is a better example than any of the coins i have seen on the net

i have finally managed to download photos onto site hope the quality of the photos is good enough what do you think of the coin and its condition

I think that's probably just visible to you. I had to enter an MSN id, and then it didn't work.

i have sent an e mail to chris perkins with the photos of the coins can you please tell me if you can now see the picures