British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Chris Perkins

That time again - CCGB2006

I'd better get my finger out and get CCGB2006 completed. I have started, but am slightly more relaxed this year because it already exists in digital form and should (hopefully) just need a whizz through updating prices and adding information here and there.

Can forum members please remember to put details of prices paid for coins in the Rotographic price collection database. That would be a big help.

I want to expand the decimal section too, so Syl if you get a mo, could you write me something brief about the modern decimal varieties, and if you like perhaps even some kind or rarity scale for them and even the normal dates.

I'd also be interested to hear from people about what types of coins they think have gone up in price over the last year. I think perhaps a lot of values will stay the same, certainly for lower grades....So what prices have you gasped at, that you noticed were much dearer than last year?

Everyone will get a free one as usual, and hopefully it'll be plain sailing compared to last year.

I want to expand the decimal section too, so Syl if you get a mo, could you write me something brief about the modern decimal varieties, and if you like perhaps even some kind or rarity scale for them and even the normal dates.

Yeah i'll draft something up on the regular issue die varities. There really only is the 1992 10 pences and that 1983 2p of note.

I don't think there's much else as of yet.

But we'd be the first catalogue to get the 10 pences stuck in.

I'll be glad to focus again on halfpennies but also gather other values. I think copper/bronze is very undervalued at the moment especially halfpennies and farthings but pennies are seeing huge increases.

I've been continuing to collect penny prices and have some very interesting ones from a private sale (1863 with die numbers etc).

I think that I will have to skip it this time. As I am now (unofficially) year 11, I should start focusing more on schooling. And I still have to finish those early-milled farthings and halfpennies (I will be able to complete these). Sorry Chris :(

I cringe as I remember the workload of year 11.

If you think year 11's bad then there's two other years you should really watch out for. A2 and the third year of degree.

I didn't think it was that bad if homework was addressed early. If one left it to the day before (as I did on occasion), it was far more stressful. Time management, I found, is the key.

You may want to check the prices realized at the Goldberg auction of the "Cheshire Collection."

Some of the prices were surprisingly low, particularly in my opinion the 1893 JH sixpence, which was EF to gEF and hammered at $2,800.

I didn't think it was that bad if homework was addressed early. If one left it to the day before (as I did on occasion), it was far more stressful. Time management, I found, is the key.

I did all of my year 11 homework the morning it was due in. And that generally went for A Level work too.

I remember AS levels, i had a 3 hour geology lesson on monday morning with an half hour break in it. During that half hour break i'd be doing my history homework for that afternoon. If i didn't finish it then, i'd do it through lunch.

Always got it done and correct.

I did all of my year 11 homework the morning it was due in.

I generally do that. I find that I can consentrate better in the morning as there is usually no one else online (on msn) to distract me, and I am not waiting for other people to come online to talk to myself.

Our school is rubbish at time management. Last week, my english group was set a 1500 word essay on tuesday to be completed for wednesday!

I did all of my year 11 homework the morning it was due in.

I generally do that. I find that I can consentrate better in the morning as there is usually no one else online (on msn) to distract me, and I am not waiting for other people to come online to talk to myself.

Our school is rubbish at time management. Last week, my english group was set a 1500 word essay on tuesday to be completed for wednesday!

That would worry me a little. I'd start that tuesday night and hope to get about half to 1000 words done that night. And then finish it on the day.

I can't type more than 1000 words at a sitting because i lose concentration then i start waffling instead of answering the question.

Although when i was at school/college i must confess i hand wrote most of my essays which saved alot of time because i'm alot quicker with a pen than i am with he typing finger, note use of the singular there.