British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Half Penny Jon

Peck Second Edition

Hello everyone,

I really need a peck preferably the second edition. Has anyone got one that I could perhaps purchase?

Jon.

Don't forget the peck numbers for most copper coins are in CCGB2005....I don't have a spare Peck though, I'm afraid.

Yes i know but I think its about time I purchased one...

They're not cheap these days, I think I remember getting £150 for a 1st edition.

Ouch, in that case I may have to wait a while.

Hi HPJ - I've seen them sell at around £50 for a reasonable copy (2nd edition), but they don't turn up very often.

Good luck in your search!

Andy

There was a Peck on Ebay about 2 weeks ago it didn't make its reserve....Final Bid about £65 I think.

My wife tracked mine down at Spink (it wasn't on their website) following advice from Colin Cooke !!!!

She phoned their book department and they were very helpful.

They had a few then...she bought me the best one :D.

I was just going around in circles trying to find one.

Think how many Pecks you will buy ???? Its a great book and another bit of the Numistmatic jigsaw.

thanks very much custard! Will have to think about it though, £150 is a lot of money to a teenager...and I've got to think about the opportunity cost.

thanks very much custard! Will have to think about it though, £150 is a lot of money to a teenager...and I've got to think about the opportunity cost.

Happy to help :)

It's worth giving these people a call

http://www.galata.co.uk/

I got my Peck & Freeman from them. They don't have any listed at present, but they would be a good bet to find one eventually.

The list I found above was a book finding service - I just searched for Peck at the first site I found - there are plenty out there so it might be worth searching through a few more.

I just received Galata's latest catalogue.

They have 4 Pecks for sale - all second edition - ranging between £100 and £115 pounds

Its not an essential book but worthwhile.

I use mine less than I thought I would but I would never part with it.

Get the £115 one....and give it your own coffee/red wine stains. :rolleyes:

Colin told my wife not to pay more than £100...she did :o

Cooke's usually use the gizzmo which bids 5 seconds from the end of the auction....I've laughed to myself watching key date farthings getting picked off.

Try £101.77...if the Cookes are paying £90 then that says something.