British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Emperor Oli

Coinpeople Closes

Sad to see it go although it may be good news for predecimal

:o May I ask why?

...sorry, I have been away from coins for a while, soon to be back :)

Sad to see it go although it may be good news for predecimal

I think the words 'told you so' come to mind.

I made an unrelated exit from Coinpeople when I thought some of the users were more or less dictating the flavour of the site. The site got too large and too popular all at once, it was a very good idea that was the victim of it's own success.

Commendations to the webmaster for creating a good site that was quite easy to use and enjoy. I hope he can share his ideas and knowledge with others running other sites. His site was very competitive, and IMHO was the best for an overall approach.

I decided in the last week to return to Coinpeople on a very limited basis, but alas I think I only got about 3-4 post in before the sad demise.

I made an unrelated exit from Coinpeople when I thought some of the users were more or less dictating the flavour of the site. The site got too large and too popular all at once, it was a very good idea that was the victim of it's own success.

I agree it was the victim of it's own success also, it's the way these things work out. I dare say the forum could have lingered on a little longer if the size had been reduced in certains non-specific areas.

There is life there still....Bet yur its bigga and betta next week.

Quite frankly there is so much knowledge with the regulars it can't just fade away.

Under Anton apparently. Intriguing...

Nice to see it back