British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Guest RUUUD_I'm_a_Guest

HOW MUCH?

Guest RUUUD_I'm_a_Guest

hi i have 2 coins, one is george 111 1806 i think its a half penny, has come up really shiney, bit of marking to the front but generaly i suppose in vgc, the second is a george 11 again halfpenny i think, 1742 in a better condition as the one above, as you can tell im not a in the know coin know all, any dea how much they are worth. ;)

As you appear to have cleaned it to make it shine, it will probably be worth less than it was before. Cleaning coins is not recommended. You will need to post some pictures for anyone to accurately grade and hence value the coins as condition is everything, particularly for the 1742 which is rarer than the 1806 which is quite common even in high grade.

Guest RUUUD

if i e mail some pis of the coins to someone would they please post them for me, ive tried but just cant seem to get there, thanks.

if i e mail some pis of the coins to someone would they please post them for me, ive tried but just cant seem to get there, thanks.

Send them to me.

kuhli@comcast.net

1806-obv.JPG1806-rev.JPG

These thumbnail images are hyper-links to the larger scans provided.

1742-obv.JPG1742-rev.JPG

These thumbnail images are hyper-links to the larger scans provided.

It really does break my heart to see polished coins....drilled....a pendant.....Whyyyyyyy?

Bling I suppose. :(

Yes, those have been harshly polished haven't they. What a pity. Please tell us you didn't polish them yourself RUUUD? :(

Guest RUUUD

unfortunatly yes it was me who gave em a rub, you see we are doing a 16th century house up and its been abandoned for over 100 years so these were unrecognisable when they were found, if id have known id never of touched them, suppose theyre worthless now then. :(

The 1806 one would never have been worth very much even before polishing. The 1742 would have probably been worth about £10, and now it's probably about £2. If they were badly corroded with green verdigris before you polished them, then they were not worth much to start with either.