British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
ozjohn

Nice Coin But Too Expensive?

1915 Silver Florin, NGC MS63, Scarce | eBay

The listing is a very nice coin but the price is on the heavy side especially after freight and GST charges which bring the total cost to about GBP 200.

I'm tempted but for the cost.

Any thoughts?

• Like 1

Yes, that's very good, n agree with u, the pricing is a concern. 

Edited by Bruce

8 hours ago, ozjohn said:

The listing is a very nice coin but the price is on the heavy side especially after freight and GST charges which bring the total cost to about GBP 200.

Any thoughts?

Too many edge nibbles and plenty of bag marks. Too many for that price.

Bit high after all the tariffs....I would imagine lustre is rather better than pictures. Also as I have noticed, some of the bag marks on devices seem to get accentuated on photos, much to my chagrin.

Also, IMHO the "edge nibbles" are largely the result of planchet treatment after the upset process. This is probably why even mint states have this quite frequently. Great that you look at the edges which I highly recommend as well because that sometimes tells you something else about the strike vs. wear on other areas such as devices on the coin.

BTW, I think the 1915 when well struck is a somewhat better date although certainly not rare....

Edited by VickySilver

20 hours ago, ozjohn said:

Any thoughts?

Not at that price. Yes, it's a nice strike, but anything over £100 for a silver George V florin is pushing it.

Thanks. If the seller does not sell this coin he may relist at a more reasonable price. We shall see.