British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

13 hours ago, Rob said:

I was looking too today. Some strong prices for some indifferent material at times and really difficult to buy for stock. 

The shilling is only 1250 book in fine, and that one's struggling to get there. On the plus side, mine must make me a millionaire, Rodney :)

my thoughts exactly Del👍🏽

Yes, I bought one from CNG 2 months ago for about £1,400 and it's probably half a grade better than the Noonans one.  

Yikes....And what about the prices fetched in the St. James's February sale of proofs (silver) - I am out on purchases in these venues at these prices even though this [was] my forte!

On 4/17/2024 at 12:46 PM, VickySilver said:

Yikes....And what about the prices fetched in the St. James's February sale of proofs (silver) - I am out on purchases in these venues at these prices even though this [was] my forte!

Was that the sale with several florin Proofs in it? Yes they were very high prices realised.

Yes indeed.  I don't imagine it is collectors purchasing these coins.  

Proof and pattern florins have gone through the roof in the last 5 or 6 years. I only want 3 'Godless' pieces to show the 3 obverses and 3 reverses and I have two, but when the third one on the list appeared in a sale last year, it made nearly 15K, or 10 times what I paid for the other two in 2010. At this level I'm a yesterday's man. :(

• Sad 1

I remember that Baldwin's sold an 1863 (!) proof florin about 10 years ago for 1250 quid! That coin was subsequently graded Proof 63+ cameo.....Maybe 8-10x that now?

On 4/16/2024 at 4:38 PM, Rob said:

I was looking too today. Some strong prices for some indifferent material at times and really difficult to buy for stock. 

The shilling is only 1250 book in fine, and that one's struggling to get there. On the plus side, mine must make me a millionaire, Rodney :)

Ok obverse is not nice but reverse is very acceptable