British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Kipster

Coin cabinets

Well, well, well...

This has turned out to be quite a pleasant surprise. After my last post regarding a conversation with Shirley Watts on the 10th August, I decided to take the chance and hand over some money, despite my original misgivings. Shirley actually rang me after sending me an email with details for payment to make sure that I had received it, which I confirmed I had. She gave me all the relevant bank details (IBAN etc) on the invoice which duly checked out, so I thought sod it, and made payment by bank transfer on Friday. 

Today this lovely little unit arrived on my doorstep. It's really very well made and will sit nicely with the other one I have. I feel kind of bad being so cynical in the first instance, but the African bank account on the original email was clearly dodgy, so she's going to sort out some IT at her end.

A good day all round really.

Newcabinet.jpg

• Like 7

Very nice! Did Shirley suggest they are still working on cabinets at all? Seems a shame there's nobody to take over, though I can quite sympathise if they feel it's time to retire!

3 minutes ago, TomGoodheart said:

Very nice! Did Shirley suggest they are still working on cabinets at all? Seems a shame there's nobody to take over, though I can quite sympathise if they feel it's time to retire!

I think she was talking about winding down and enjoying life a bit more, but I've left a message for her to ring me just so I can say thank you properly, so I will ask her when I speak to her and let you know. 👍

Today's update as follows:

I spoke to Shirley again who has confirmed that they are looking to wind down in the new year, so if anyone wants to order a cabinet from them, best to let them know asap.

HOWEVER, don't order or contact them via their website or email. She said there has been some problems with her emails and therefore will no longer be using the email address as a method of communication. I think there may have been some hacking going on, which would explain my original problem with the weird bank account details on the supposed invoice.

The telephone number to contact her on is 0115 922 4149, which is their workshop number. She's not always there, but will call you back when she gets the message.

• Like 2

Just a heads up to anyone who's in the market for a coin cabinet, have a look at Baldwin's auction 112 (11 Oct 23) lot 1429.