British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Sword

Attractive coins currently in circulation

When I was in holiday in Prague last year, I really liked the 50 Korun coin which is bimetallic (Copper and brass) with attractive obverse and reverse. The photos below are from Numista.

Which designs of foreign coins do you like best?

1876124515_638cb894ebc8b6.05528091-original-Copy.thumb.jpg.edaae6ee73709940e2e357605eb2356a.jpg4760660_638cb895d39d28.87019110-original-Copy.thumb.jpg.525309eb5c41bbe9697bfb14420d0752.jpg

• Like 3

Still in circulation is a tough one - I like Australia and New Zealand's at least, although they've been unchanged for close to 60 years.

• Like 2

Would you like to post pictures of the one you think best?

https://www.ramint.gov.au/circulating-coins shows the current Australian designs - they're not the classic designs of 100-150 years ago but they have a nice simplicity to them I think.

• Like 1

That's quite nice - good call out to their heritage.

On 3/25/2023 at 5:34 PM, Mr T said:

Still in circulation is a tough one - I like Australia and New Zealand's at least, although they've been unchanged for close to 60 years.

I think Australia is the only country that has kept the imperial sizes for 6d, shilling and florin coins. Australia never adopted the half crown when their coins were introduced in1910 although British half crowns and other coins circulated in Australia until the 1930s. Probably until the Australian pound was devalued to 15/-  sterling in 1932 .

• Like 1