British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Coys55

Too Good to be True (eBay)?

I can’t speak for this particular coin, but I did something very similar just recently when listing an Elizabeth Lis penny on eBay. 
I couldn’t decide which way to bat with it (buy it now with best offer, or auction) and ended up going with auction, thinking it would find its price!

It sat at .99p for a week, with people watching and then leaving…I guess thinking that it wasn’t genuine, I don’t know?

Anyway, point is, it sold for £82 and, when it did, I had three emails offering me more, with one person saying £200, which is more or less what I thought I’d get for it.

Really difficult to know what to do when using psychology to sell on eBay…sometimes it works to good effect, on other occasions it bombs!

I’m not calling this coin at all, but sometimes the genuine articles do turn up with a .99p start!

Maybe not this one, though????

Edited by Coinery
  • Like 1

Nothing odd jumps out about it. Looks genuine to me. Class IVa with the extra I after the R of Rex. 

Sellers got feedback for a few sold Norman  coins one registered with PAS.

Stu.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ukstu said:

Nothing odd jumps out about it. Looks genuine to me. Class IVa with the extra I after the R of Rex. 

Sellers got feedback for a few sold Norman  coins one registered with PAS.

Stu.

Thanks. Another short cross expert said it looked fine too so I did bid, but lost out at £312.99. Didn’t surprise me that it went for that much though. 

I’ll just have to be content with my cut half from the same dies for now.

Edited by Coys55

They've never been cheap. I paid double that for mine nearly 14 years ago, albeit in a decent grade.