British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Kipster

Good morning all

Good morning all,

Happy new year to you. 

I'm new to the forum after lurking around the interweb for a bit, doing a bit of research. I'm a newcomer to the hobby after falling down a youtube rabbit hole, and got hooked on the whole historical side of things. I've always had an interest in English and British history, and hadn't fully appreciated the links that coins had to the rich history of the homeland. That combined with an addictive personality and a relentless attitude for hunting things down was only ever going to go one way.

I'm really a copper and bronze man, with the odd bit of silver and gold added for good measure. I'm particularly interested in the late Georgian period, through into Victoria, but the Tudor reign certainly holds my attention.

From my previous looking around the site, this looks like a place with a lot of expert opinion, and I'm looking forward to making your acquaintance.

Regards,

Kip.

• Like 3

Welcome to the Forum. As a copper & bronze man, you may find my websites of interest.

Thanks Santa,

I'll have a look at all of those. Much appreciated.

Welcome. :)

Welcome to the collective.

I lurk on the sidelines and ask silly questions occasionally.

Bob.

• Haha 1

Welcome to the forum - I'm yet another copper and bronze man.

On 1/1/2023 at 11:04 AM, Kipster said:

Good morning all,

Happy new year to you. 

I'm new to the forum after lurking around the interweb for a bit, doing a bit of research. I'm a newcomer to the hobby after falling down a youtube rabbit hole, and got hooked on the whole historical side of things. I've always had an interest in English and British history, and hadn't fully appreciated the links that coins had to the rich history of the homeland. That combined with an addictive personality and a relentless attitude for hunting things down was only ever going to go one way.

I'm really a copper and bronze man, with the odd bit of silver and gold added for good measure. I'm particularly interested in the late Georgian period, through into Victoria, but the Tudor reign certainly holds my attention.

From my previous looking around the site, this looks like a place with a lot of expert opinion, and I'm looking forward to making your acquaintance.

Regards,

Kip.

welcome ....be careful with those rabbit holes 

Edited by DrLarry

Welcome to the forums  Kipster! With a few exceptions I've become a 'type collector' but I do like good quality copper and bronze; there seems to be more varieties in those series if you're into that side of things.