British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

IMG_20240218_0002.jpg

On 2/16/2024 at 2:49 PM, DrLarry said:

Yes of the few George individual ones I have £20 to£40 per coin a set I don't think I've ever seen.   Take some pictures kai 

Here are some photos of the coins.

Coins Obv.jpg

Edited by kai1998inc

Coins Rev.jpg

• Like 1

I bought a mixed lot off ebay recently and amongst them was this little coin made by moore around 1849 presumably for export over the pond  its in a small size and features a gothic head of victoria with a crown on and calafornia half dollar on the reverse not sure if this is listed in rogers butn I know there are other similar mules as I have one.

I also inclue a picture of the regular large size half dollar that is much more common for reference.

Hope someone with a copy of roger's book can help

IMG_20240331_0001.jpg

IMG_20240331_0002.jpg

IMG_20240331_0004.jpg

On 2/22/2024 at 7:57 PM, kai1998inc said:

Coins Rev.jpg

Are those three pence coins the same size as the shillings or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

22 hours ago, copper123 said:

Are those three pence coins a smaller size to the shillings or are my eyes playing tricks on me? The penny looks quite large as well

Promised scan of the other Moore half dollar (Large size)

IMG_20240331_0003.jpg

IMG_20240331_0004.jpg

On 3/31/2024 at 7:26 PM, copper123 said:

I bought a mixed lot off ebay recently and amongst them was this little coin made by moore around 1849 presumably for export over the pond  its in a small size and features a gothic head of victoria with a crown on and calafornia half dollar on the reverse not sure if this is listed in rogers butn I know there are other similar mules as I have one.

I also inclue a picture of the regular large size half dollar that is much more common for reference.

Hope someone with a copy of roger's book can help

IMG_20240331_0001.jpg

IMG_20240331_0002.jpg

This curious mule is listed in Rogers as Rogers 2467. It is a nice piece to have existed as it proves that the American Model series was made by Joseph Moore, as the Obv die is the same as the Royal Medalet series.

The size difference is not quite correct, as the other model coin you show is a Half Eagle ($5.00) rather than a Half Dollar.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2024 at 7:30 PM, copper123 said:

Are those three pence coins the same size as the shillings or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

They are indeed smaller. The series ranges in size from 13mm down to 9.6mm for the Threepences.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info Kai good information is hard to come buy on the internet  it really is annoying not having a copy of Rogers.

29 minutes ago, copper123 said:

Thanks for the info Kai good information is hard to come buy on the internet  it really is annoying not having a copy of Rogers.

No problem. A copy did come up on eBay a few weeks ago but has since sold or been ended. Think it was up for about £200.

2 hours ago, kai1998inc said:

No problem. A copy did come up on eBay a few weeks ago but has since sold or been ended. Think it was up for about £200.

Yes I was watching it and annoyingly enough it just disappeared