British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

copper123

Little coins big prices

And peter as well not been heard from for ages just stopped posting ( 960 to £1 and still paying silly money ) 2019 for him such a long time

Edited by copper123

1 hour ago, copper123 said:

And peter as well not been heard from for ages just stopped posting ( 960 to £1 and still paying silly money ) 2019 for him such a long time

Didn't he suffer a personal tragedy? I think he was very badly affected by it IIRC.

1 hour ago, Peckris 2 said:

Didn't he suffer a personal tragedy? I think he was very badly affected by it IIRC.

Yes - if I recall correctly, his wife fell down the stairs and was sadly killed by her injuries, circa 2015.

So very sorry to hear of his passing, albeit getting on for 4 years ago.

• Sad 3

On 1/12/2023 at 1:47 PM, 1949threepence said:

Quite by chance I came across Paddy on another forum (this one) - different username but same photo he used on here. I notice that he was last active there on 16.1.22, a day before he was last active on here, 17.1.22. 

Sadly one can only conclude that he either had an extremely abrupt and spectacular loss of interest in coins, or something has happened to him.

Last activity on Coin Talk 17/1/22 too. :(

Does anyone know how Peter died? He was a real character, sadly missed.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Peckris 2 said:

Does anyone know how Peter died? He was a real character, sadly missed.

Maybe @Rob knows.

I googled his name and address during lockdown and it came up with the standard solicitor's advert in the Gazette(?) asking for anyone with a claim on the estate to contact them. I think the period runs for a month or three. That covers their backsides and after that there is no obligation to pursue a claim. I wasn't in regular contact, and just found out by chance.

I've read the entire forum and no disrespect to anyone, Peter stands out the most. He is the guy that I've laughed most to. And his posts informing us of his wife's death are heart wrenching, to say the least.

I never had any contact with the man but have to say, that learning of his death, has saddened me greatly.

A screenshot of one of his final posts, shows that he was thinking of the future. But who knows?

RIP Peter.

Screenshot_20230114-170003.png

• Like 1

Yes peter stood out on here always up for a laugh he did have two lovely daughters and a dog who he was very fond of , I surpose his daughters own his collection now but who knows.

He always had time for everyone on here and his advice to me is sorely missed at least by me .

RIP peter

• Like 2

On 9/22/2022 at 10:59 PM, Peckris 2 said:

Thanks for that. Interesting discussion (several comments from @Paddy - he hasn't been on here for many months. Anyone heard from him, is he ok?).

Paddy posted on Coin Talk yesterday. :)

• Like 3

On 9/22/2022 at 10:59 PM, Peckris 2 said:

Thanks for that. Interesting discussion (several comments from @Paddy - he hasn't been on here for many months. Anyone heard from him, is he ok?).

I found this while I was trawling back through all the posts I had missed.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts - as you can see I am now back in circulation, though probably less active than I used to be. Unfortunately life sometimes gets in the way of the important things in life - like coins!

• Like 1