British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Coinery

Latest 1573 Acorn 6d acquisition

Nice little win of a superb sixpence. Weak portrait but, to be fair, exaggerated in these auction images…actually much better in-hand…will try and post another image soon.
I did try to look out the images of your 1573 @Rob because it worried me a little bit to find another little-worn acorn coin, but I couldn’t find them to compare the dies.

6804ED4C-DFB8-44BC-9D8C-BFA6F114B543.jpeg

7462EEE7-62FB-4679-A166-A0287EE6EBA9.jpeg

• Like 2

Here you go. Both different dies. My reverse is over ermine as well.

c1801 1573 6d mm.acorn rev over ermine - Copy.jpg

Edited by Rob
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rob said:

Here you go. Both different dies. My reverse is over ermine as well.

c1801 1573 6d mm.acorn rev over ermine - Copy.jpg

Brilliant! A relief to find them with different dies. Many thanks for that…that really is a cracking little 6d of yours! Would take some beating, even with a common mark!

Not the best macro shots from my phone, but a doable portrait…for me at least :) 

321B8F95-E0E8-4E6C-A872-D1265BBD91D0.jpeg

• Like 3

I am thinking of getting a nice Elizabeth I 6d for my next purchase too. It will be a nice change from milled for me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sword said:

I am thinking of getting a nice Elizabeth I 6d for my next purchase too. It will be a nice change from milled for me.

You should, before they become unaffordable…they’ve absolutely sky-rocketed in the last 10 years. 

• Thanks 1