British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Peckris 2

Elizabeth : A Life in Images

I've just watched this. Not only is it a fascinating documentary (her portraits and images in photographs, paintings, and film), but there's a section near the beginning which is about her images on coins. Including a very brief video showing Gillick at work, and an old interview with Machin doing his thing.

After all those 1000s of coins it's strange to think that, other than commemoratives, there won't be a 2023 or any other new coin with the Queen's portrait on it.

UK Coins yet to be issued in 2022 were due, I believe, to be the BBC 100 years 50p, four Harry Potter franchise 50p's and a reissue of 15 different two pound coins to commemorate 25 years of the denomination. (Any others anyone knows about?)

i wonder if the issues will still go ahead, and if so with which portrait? There are precedents for posthumous issues, but wonder if that will still apply?

Edited by Martinminerva

Any coins dated 2022 will have the late Queen's portrait on them.

1 minute ago, secret santa said:

Where ? Which channel ?

It was on BBC One, so I guess you can see it on iPlayer.

2 hours ago, Varietalis said:

After all those 1000s of coins it's strange to think that, other than commemoratives, there won't be a 2023 or any other new coin with the Queen's portrait on it.

Dont bet on that a memorial coin prob a £5 to maximise royal mint profits is probably in the planning