British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
secret santa

Royal Mint 2022 Unc set

Surely they've been for sale all year and anyone who wants one has one?

Vultures cashing in on the Queen's death. I can just see the headlines -  "Last chance to get her final year's coins".

It didn't take them long. Last night I was 5150th in the queue for the Mint website !

I don't understand some people's mentality and I just had a look out of interest. Those unc sets are still available for order at £60 each but delivery will take up to 3 months. Doesn't look like the number of sets are limited and people can buy as many as their hearts' content. 

Not for me of course as I already have plenty of tasteful QEII coins to commemorate the Queen. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sword said:

Those unc sets are still available for order at £60 each but delivery will take up to 3 months.

Yes, this was a swift addition after they'd sold out. They wisely realised there was a lot more money to be made out of minting a few more sets.

They're still asking silly money on Ebay, though:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354272064282?hash=item527c42b31a:g:ZkYAAOSw9qFjHH3m&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoL3S7E1IAbOGDTxFKFqBtRKqOeLsN5qrVXScqXw7frUhCr10UB%2BXv1UF%2FFcL0DQaWwznwOncOxxdWI1JLeoT4rfjSMehjiUQJRVXiyu%2BiV99Q3154ida1zcQr3aZL41cgGJoBUjHk69jp%2BivQ0WjpgEuGjzU10MNWotqwMM%2B3r%2FCqwSpiR1Nty4cDtvBMVU%2BKjoQfXpfzpGOcEkh2bKrbZo%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR5LD2oflYA

Edited by secret santa
addition
  • Sad 1

Since the Royal Mint is government owned, wouldn't it be nice if its profit in 2022 is shared between the charities the queen was patron of? It won't be a lot of money of course but it would still be a nice gesture. 

18 hours ago, secret santa said:

The listing has now been withdrawn. I hope others like him will do the same soon.

The queueing on the Royal mint website has virtually disappeared too. 

Edited by Sword

I tried to get onto the RM site and it had a queue.  Nothing wrong in making a profit at all i just don't like bottom feeders.

Edited by zzag

Would it be normal if the first coins of Charles III sold out very quickly, and then on eBay at inflated prices? Just guessing that it might happen as well.

8 hours ago, Iannich48 said:

Would it be normal if the first coins of Charles III sold out very quickly, and then on eBay at inflated prices? Just guessing that it might happen as well.

Maybe sovereigns, but at a guess the RM will produce more sets and the likes for the demand, although a lot of it also hinges on design

8 hours ago, Iannich48 said:

Would it be normal if the first coins of Charles III sold out very quickly, and then on eBay at inflated prices?

I think that's a racing certainty, but hopefully they will be produced in such volumes that speculators won't be able to cash in.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, secret santa said:

I think that's a racing certainty, but hopefully they will be produced in such volumes that speculators won't be able to cash in.

Like the 1953 plastic set

On 9/12/2022 at 1:53 PM, zzag said:

I tried to get onto the RM site and it had a queue.  Nothing wrong in making a profit at all i just don't like bottom feeders.

Nothing wrong with carp fishing....

• Haha 1