British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
blakeyboy

1909 penny scam on Ebay!!!!

Watch out for these people....not only have they ripped me off, but have continued with the listing after being warned about their use of pictures.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334514858278?hash=item4de2a3a926:g:WA8AAOSwURZi4TLf&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA4AHQw0uXUq%2BDjvfI0LxL6GsvSSuBWvqbYa1HXdWAd%2BuACjompC76dnrSCIFAQVVHA2Cyi%2FOsH4WEaKuSSbs3EgyPgeZn758iToTl%2FPtESRXbUDTnszObknrIzQ1EXKcD4ViYctc684DzWGrT4EIUNFlF%2F97kp25q5sw8DbZi1ldsOiezBTdTyKmdvoyniwgoaFQdy5nMBOVbenj0mONHmlUgGKN8OlQ03VcuExBzvWmHgVbjRWf4%2Fq0JuqvQ%2F7Ufnr0klZ0F1bJTBksP3W7gIr%2Ba%2BwPmtFYr6ohO3UMCLuge|tkp%3ABk9SR8DG6YTfYA

Here is one of their pictures. 

Notice the coin on the third row, second from the left- a clear F169.

I bought the pile of 1909's..... 'as pictured', remember....and that coin wasn't there.....grrrr....

No refund, just silence. Trading standards very interested, but what a waste of my time just to get my money back, and these twats

are still suckering people in.....

cowell.thumb.jpg.bdf28f11b556bdae28f5e15d5adfddaf.jpg

• Like 1

Well I did tell you..................

52 minutes ago, secret santa said:

Blake, you don't appear to have left negative feedback yet ?

Still trying to resolve...one coin sold officially via ebay, but there was no way to buy the lot via the ebay system, so this was done mainly direct,

hence the silence from the seller. Whether they, as  'professional coin dealers' know what they have done is another matter....

I do have some ideas to make them return my cash though....:-)

40 minutes ago, copper123 said:

Well I did tell you..................

.....what?

When you have a  case of  'as pictured', and there is a rarity in there that hasn't been noticed,  I dare you admit that you would have bitten too..

On 9/1/2022 at 8:33 PM, blakeyboy said:

Still trying to resolve...one coin sold officially via ebay, but there was no way to buy the lot via the ebay system, so this was done mainly direct,

hence the silence from the seller. Whether they, as  'professional coin dealers' know what they have done is another matter....

I do have some ideas to make them return my cash though....:-)

Any further developments on this matter yet?

No- silence- I think they are hiding behind the 'buyer pays for returns', but this doesn't apply since the transaction was a private one.

I don't see why I should pay anything, after being ripped off...

16 minutes ago, blakeyboy said:

No- silence- I think they are hiding behind the 'buyer pays for returns', but this doesn't apply since the transaction was a private one.

I don't see why I should pay anything, after being ripped off...

I agree. The vendor agreed to forward all the coins in the pic to you, and subsequently that didn't happen. He still offers exactly the same coin in the same picture. 

You will presumably still have the e bay exchange of messages to prove this agreement was made.

I also have a law of contract query which I will post in a separate thread.

Good luck Blake.

wow good spot, glad i got mine from a bulk lot where the coin was pictured (badly) or i may have gone for it trying to get an example.

but it does say one coin at random from the picture... so if you bought all the coins individually?

• Thanks 1