British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Sword

LCA catalogue now online

59 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Congratulations, well done.

Thanks Bruce.

LCA do seem inconsistent, with many items going at exactly the bid price, and a few going well under. 

9 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

I've not done too badly this time, with a £500 bid going for £190 hammer, and a £600 bid going for £440.

Looking through the sales, one of the highlights has to be the slabbed MS66 1934 crown fetching £14,500 hammer. 

I was concerned after my first London Coins experience jn September as a single £3000 max bid went precisely for that -  but in this weekend’s December auction my two bids hammered at about half my maximum. 😊

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Menger said:

I was concerned after my first London Coins experience jn September as a single £3000 max bid went precisely for that -  but in this weekend’s December auction my two bids hammered at about half my maximum. 😊

In December 2021, I got my 1806 KP31 gilt proof penny for exactly the £800 I bid. But I wasn't complaining as KB coins were (and still are) asking £2,250 for the same coin in not really any better shape. Certainly not £1550's worth better, or whatever the exact difference after juice added. 

3 hours ago, Menger said:

Congratulations too

I think that i missed out this time, 0 wins from 4 bids. London Coins website is still down, but i have not received any email from them, so i guess that it means no wins.

1 hour ago, Iannich48 said:

I think that i missed out this time, 0 wins from 4 bids. London Coins website is still down, but i have not received any email from them, so i guess that it means no wins.

The website is down since yesterday afternoon, so that unable to check hammered prices of lots

2 hours ago, Iannich48 said:

It's resumed now.

• Like 2

I'm hoping that my items arrive tomorrow. They were posted yesterday, but are still showing as stuck at Medway Mail Centre.  

• Like 1