British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
blakeyboy

Reporting a breakdown to RAC without smartphone

Anyone tried to do this?

We lost a clutch in London last week, and the voice recognition software couldn't make sense of our address, and it texted us, so we replied with the correct spelling,  thus, on a dumb phone, cutting the call  !!!!   

And round you go again.....

I fired of a query to the RAC about a number to talk to a human, and I just got a reply that only hinted at a solution,

and, hilariously and ironically, the letter proved their non- understanding of the situation by telling me I could always "use the RAC App" !!!!!!!!

What a bunch of useless morons run most of this country's customer care.

The respondent -always- has a foreign name- are they not even in the country?

Fair comment - I'm afraid that trying to communicate with many organisations has been made - in my view - deliberately difficult. Yes, sorry, but this is obvious to anyone with half a brain, it's deliberate. It has to be. Nobody designing this stuff could be that moronic for it to be well intentioned. It was installed to be as obstructive as possible in order to discourage customer contact.

From (very) inferior voice recognition software, to bots that you can't get past, to pressing endless option choices, to eventually getting through to someone whose accent you can't understand. This is the panoply of so called customer service these days.

Moreover, coming back to your point about a smartphone, there is also this weird - I say weird - obsession with everything having to have or exclusively be operated from a mobile app. Fair enough if you're able to use the website from another device, but that's often not the case nowadays.   

If you want to keep your blood pressure within reasonable parameters, try to avoid contact if at all possible.

On 8/8/2022 at 6:55 PM, 1949threepence said:

Moreover, coming back to your point about a smartphone, there is also this weird - I say weird - obsession with everything having to have or exclusively be operated from a mobile app. Fair enough if you're able to use the website from another device, but that's often not the case nowadays.   

If you want to keep your blood pressure within reasonable parameters, try to avoid contact if at all possible.

What infuriates me is when sites insist you have to have a mobile number when you register with them. Sites like Google and PayPal can send a code via voicemail to your landline - why can't other sites?? Why do they all insist you MUST own a mobile? And has anyone tried to buy a PAYG phone recently?