British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
copper123

2015 britannia £2 rarity

Just picked up a A/unc britannia £2 2015 for £3 at a local antique and collectors fair got to be a bargain with only 650 000 made I am sure these are pretty underrated by collectors and will fetch a lot more than £3 in the future , I dont know when but probably when the mail get hold of this information

• Like 4

Always glad for happy collectors. I am not sure of value anymore, but hopefully they gain. I am of similar opinion about the currency 1981 10P....

• Like 1

It's a nice strategy to collect low mintage circulating coins at low cost. You can't lose and some of them (for whatever random reasons) will become sought after in the future.

• Like 1

Nice - is it a circulation only coin?

10 hours ago, Mr T said:

Nice - is it a circulation only coin?

yes I think there were a few in proof sets and year sets as well

• Like 1

The 2016 dated coin is five or six times more common if you belive the mintage numbers and you dont find many 2016  brittania coins in circulation anyway...

The two olympic 2008 £2 coins are pretty hard to find along with the mary rose which seems to be kept because its a nice design .