British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
DrLarry

Counterfeit Georgian Copper Coins R Coleman

does anyone have a copy of this Book 

Counterfeit Copper Coins   by R Coleman 

does anyone know if a digital version is available also please 

Many thanks  

Peter Morris appears to have a hard copy version available. 

link

12 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

Peter Morris appears to have a hard copy version available. 

link

yes I rang him yesterday and asked, he said possibly the page needs updating and they dont have one.  But thanks 

14 hours ago, Coinery said:

Have you checked with Rob?

apologies for my ignorance which Rob?

11 hours ago, DrLarry said:

apologies for my ignorance which Rob?

There's only one Rob on this forum! who is @Rob

• Like 1

On 6/11/2022 at 11:23 PM, Peckris 2 said:

There's only one Rob on this forum! who is @Rob

OK so you were advising me to talk to someone on the forum thank you for the context.  

10 hours ago, DrLarry said:

OK so you were advising me to talk to someone on the forum thank you for the context.  

I didn’t think it too much of a presumption to assume you knew who I was talking about; you’ve been a member for over 6 years.
It’s a relatively well known fact that Rob has a large library and sells books. I mistakenly expected you to have stumbled across that with a 700+ post count. Always a pleasure to help.

2 hours ago, Coinery said:

I didn’t think it too much of a presumption to assume you knew who I was talking about; you’ve been a member for over 6 years.
It’s a relatively well known fact that Rob has a large library and sells books. I mistakenly expected you to have stumbled across that with a 700+ post count. Always a pleasure to help.

Sorry the last time I came in before this most recent one was a few years back when ill  and was a bit bonkers.   Hence I don't know @Rob .so  thank you for the direction I did not know he had book interests but I will ask him now I do know.  

• Like 1

I didn't know Rob had a large library and sells books either....

...that's useful info.  Are the sales just on this forum, or does he have a website?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blakeyboy said:

...that's useful info.  Are the sales just on this forum, or does he have a website?

Here.

https://www.rpcoins.co.uk

• Like 3

8 hours ago, blakeyboy said:

I've bought two books from Rob. The first was a re-bound auctioneer's copy of the 1854 Cuff auction, and the other was quite recently. A book about the Birmingham Mint, which was from the collection of the late David Roberts-Jones, which Rob was disposing of. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

I've bought two books from Rob. The first was a re-bound auctioneer's copy of the 1854 Cuff auction, and the other was quite recently. A book about the Birmingham Mint, which was from the collection of the late David Roberts-Jones, which Rob was disposing of. 

Heatons, Kings Norton, or Soho? The latter I'd guess (and hope...)

21 minutes ago, Peckris 2 said:

Heatons, Kings Norton, or Soho? The latter I'd guess (and hope...)

Nearly all Heatons. The book is based on them. It's a good read, although the latter two thirds I've not really bothered with as it's all about the Heaton coinage issues, most of which are foreign.

The book is "A numismatic history of the the Birmingham Mint" by James O' Sweeny, published in 1981, by - would you believe - The Birmingham Mint !!! Although printed by Pardy & Son of Ringwood, Hants.  

• Like 2

It is a good read - I think Michael Gouby said he used it as a starting point and when he asked Graham Dyer about where the bronze figures came from, he said they were best effort at the time when O'Sweeny contacted him.

Thank you to those of you who made positive comment on this I now have a copy of Coleman's book which has helped with my knowledge of my counterfeit collection.  

Sign in to follow this