British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
ozjohn

Ebay Listings of British Coins

I have noticed in resent times that the number of listings of British coins on Ebay UK have diminished considerably. Has anyone else noticed this?

In general I avoid buying coins on Ebay even from reputable dealers  as anything brought via the big online auction sites attracts  a 10 % GST

levied by the Australian government but when buying direct from an overseas dealer you can import items free of GST up to $1000 in value.  This was due

to political pressure  on government by retail traders in Australia  who complained that they were loosing sales due to competition from Ebay,

Amazon etc  Also some dealers increase their prices on Ebay listings to cover their costs with Ebay.

I haven't looked at ebay much lately - I see a few coins trying to sold on UK Facebook coin groups but I don't pay enough attention to see if they do sell.