British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

1949threepence

The Coinery signature sale auction

5 hours ago, azda said:

Unfortunately its not Guy who runs thecoinery. He's also now collaborating with numistacker, he likes to get his fingers in as many pies as possible

Screenshot 2022-05-25 at 02.07.32.png

Thanks for the extra detail.

To be honest, as long as I get my coin, I don't give two hoots either way who runs it.  

On 5/22/2022 at 8:45 PM, Iannich48 said:

1849 Florin MS65 £2200 wow. Very nice coin, so fair enough I guess.

23 hours ago, MHR (aboutVF) said:

It is but is it rare in this condition? The strike is a little weak in places most noticeable near the top crown and 1st lion below. The rim shows a few marks. It is very very nice but perhaps not worth 3X CYB value?

6 hours ago, Iannich48 said:

I must agree. I was a bit shocked at the price.

I wouldn't mind betting though, that some of the coins offered would have fetched even more if they'd been offered through a major auction house, rather than Easy Live auction. Watching the auction live, it was obvious that the number of bids for some coins, was nowhere near what they would have been with DNW (Noonans), for example.  

2 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

Thanks for the extra detail.

To be honest, as long as I get my coin, I don't give two hoots either way who runs it.  

Exactly the reason why people like MP exist, there was some very extensive posts about his dealings on here a few years ago, so as long as people get their coins, people like him will continue to thrive. I'm not saying there's anything untoward with thecoinery, but as long as they've partnered with another who has been shown to have screwed the public out of money (and a large amount) and also stolen my private data to email my workplace and claim I made death threats against him then I'd not be bidding, but as long as you get your coin then all is good.

10 hours ago, azda said:

Unfortunately its not Guy who runs thecoinery. He's also now collaborating with numistacker, he likes to get his fingers in as many pies as possible

Screenshot 2022-05-25 at 02.07.32.png

I dont understand what your on about Dave ,whats that got to do with Numistacker ?

Guy Fie is The coinery and if he chooses to have his wife as a director thats his business and does not need putting on a public forum.

Edited by PWA 1967
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, azda said:

Exactly the reason why people like MP exist, there was some very extensive posts about his dealings on here a few years ago, so as long as people get their coins, people like him will continue to thrive. I'm not saying there's anything untoward with thecoinery, but as long as they've partnered with another who has been shown to have screwed the public out of money (and a large amount) and also stolen my private data to email my workplace and claim I made death threats against him then I'd not be bidding, but as long as you get your coin then all is good.

I've received my coin this morning, and I'm very, very pleased with it. That's the extent of my interest.  

The rest of it is your concern, not mine. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

Probably not. I was thinking of the Court Jester with Danny Kaye.  

Do you think the writers of Allo Allo were thinking of that?

• Capt. Hans Geering : Do you not see? That if you kill him with the pill from the till by making with it the drug in the jug, you need not light the candle with the handle on the gâteau from the château.

René : Simple plots are always the best.

Edited by Peckris 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

I dont understand what your on about Dave ,whats that got to do with Numistacker ?

Guy Fie is The coinery and if he chooses to have his wife as a director thats his business and does not need putting on a public forum.

Ok, so Guy has chosen to have numistacker give him a helping hand, so Numistacker gives mentions in his videos that there's this auction etc, he gets paid, Numistacker is now in tow with thecoinery, he was booted from the coincabinet. Now what matters is who runs what, the 2 persons who claim to own and run thecoinery, actually don't, they have been struck off.....Guy Fie isn't thecoinery, I assume its his wife for certain reasons.

Edited by azda

12 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

I've received my coin this morning, and I'm very, very pleased with it. That's the extent of my interest.  

The rest of it is your concern, not mine. 

Lol and my exact point.....As long as you get you coin, who cares about integrity, obviously not @Menger who liked your reply. Enjoy it, my sarcasm is wasted on some.

Edited by azda
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, azda said:

Lol and my exact point.....As long as you get you coin, who cares about integrity, obviously not @Menger who liked your reply. Enjoy it, my sarcasm is wasted on some.

What do you expect, coming on here over many years, bad mouthing everyone in sight and automatically expecting us all to believe what you assert, without hearing a word by way of defence, from those people you accuse? 

The only common denominator is you.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Peckris 2 said:

Do you think the writers of Allo Allo were thinking of that?

Id put money on it

• Like 2

On 5/22/2022 at 3:40 PM, 1949threepence said:

Thanks. Lot 115 - the 1839 proof penny. Started at £3k. Auctioneer's commission bidder up to £3,600. Got it for £3,700 hammer, no further counter bid.

Could argue that it was expensive, but it'll never need an upgrade replacement. 

Victorian copper and bronze proofs seem to be getting very costly. Perhaps a reflection of their scarcity.  

I always think they look so much better once out of their plastic slabs.......

proof 1839 obv cropped.jpg

proof 1839 rev cropped.jpg

proof 1839 NGC cropped.jpg

• Like 9

On 5/26/2022 at 9:55 AM, 1949threepence said:

What do you expect, coming on here over many years, bad mouthing everyone in sight and automatically expecting us all to believe what you assert, without hearing a word by way of defence, from those people you accuse? 

The only common denominator is you.

The common denominator is factual evidence. So tell me, where is what I’ve ever said been wrong? The difference between me and you Michael is that I have the balls and the proof, I like to help others and newbies coming into collecting.

I hope with the knowledge that I have gained from this forum helps others not get ripped off, I don’t care that I upset the apple cart because it doesn’t matter to me if I get my coin or not. That’s the difference between me and you, and @jelida and your other like to your post. I’m sure you had a problem with Baldwins prices in a post just recently due to cost, also @AtlasNumismatics yet you try and Scorn me when when I point out the obvious with facts…… 

4 hours ago, azda said:

The common denominator is factual evidence. So tell me, where is what I’ve ever said been wrong? The difference between me and you Michael is that I have the balls and the proof, I like to help others and newbies coming into collecting.

I hope with the knowledge that I have gained from this forum helps others not get ripped off, I don’t care that I upset the apple cart because it doesn’t matter to me if I get my coin or not. That’s the difference between me and you, and @jelida and your other like to your post. I’m sure you had a problem with Baldwins prices in a post just recently due to cost, also @AtlasNumismatics yet you try and Scorn me when when I point out the obvious with facts…… 

The only evidence we've got is what you tell us, which isn't factual until proven with independently verifiable examples. Until that point it remains anecdotal or hearsay. 

Have you spoken to fellow member Guy about this issue, and mentioned that you've been talking about the alleged malpractice of his alleged business partners on here?    

As far as Atlas numismatics and Baldwins, the evidence was concrete, obvious, unarguable and there for all to see.