Jump to content
British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

   Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
1949threepence

DNW changing names.....?

Recommended Posts

When i click Important Information for Buyer, nothing is showing up.  Do they mention buyer's premium in the new site? Seems i am unable to locate it, though i presume there is no change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The more you look through this website for particular collections/coins etc, the worse it gets. It really is appalling.

I hope someone from DNW is reading this thread.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bruce said:

When i click Important Information for Buyer, nothing is showing up.  Do they mention buyer's premium in the new site? Seems i am unable to locate it, though i presume there is no change.

I can find it on the site now. "A BUYERS PREMIUM OF 24% OF THE HAMMER PRICE (PLUS VAT IF LOTS ARE COLLECTED OR DELIVERED WITHIN THE UK) IS PAYABLE BY THE BUYER ON ALL LOTS."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair to Noonans, they had a deadline to meet and were very keen to have the new site up after the bank holiday weekend. Let's wait at least a fortnight / month and see if they will solve the teething problems?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sword said:

To be fair to Noonans, they had a deadline to meet and were very keen to have the new site up after the bank holiday weekend. Let's wait at least a fortnight / month and see if they will solve the teething problems?

Yes, a meaningless, self imposed, arbitrary deadline. We get those at work, labelled as "imperative". But guess what? If they're broken, the Sun still rises and life carries on as normal the following day.

Sorry Sword, not your fault. I'm afraid my recent experiences of ludicrously tight deadlines has annoyed me somewhat.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

Yes, a meaningless, self imposed, arbitrary deadline. We get those at work, labelled as "imperative". But guess what? If they're broken, the Sun still rises and life carries on as normal the following day.

Sorry Sword, not your fault. I'm afraid my recent experiences of ludicrously tight deadlines has annoyed me somewhat.   

Believe me, I am very sympathetic and am annoyed with unnecessarily tight deadlines. The right approach is not to set such tight deadlines unless essential. But once a tight deadline has been set (as in this particular case), then it will create uncertainty if it's not met. And I agree that it was both self imposed and arbitrary on this occasion. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I worked in the development of I.T. systems all my life and to see something this poorly tested really annoys me. It may not have the importance of the Royal Mail Horizon system or an Air Traffic Control system but if they're blaming the lack of rigorous testing on tight deadlines (set by themselves) they should be ashamed. And it doesn't say much for the level of respect they show to their customers.

End of rant.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

Yes, a meaningless, self imposed, arbitrary deadline. We get those at work, labelled as "imperative". But guess what? If they're broken, the Sun still rises and life carries on as normal the following day.

1910018156_DilbertIBM.jpg.cd0a647642bb6ac7d1e4a239a5fc0701.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sword said:

I can find it on the site now. "A BUYERS PREMIUM OF 24% OF THE HAMMER PRICE (PLUS VAT IF LOTS ARE COLLECTED OR DELIVERED WITHIN THE UK) IS PAYABLE BY THE BUYER ON ALL LOTS."

Thank you Sword.

2 hours ago, Peckris 2 said:

1910018156_DilbertIBM.jpg.cd0a647642bb6ac7d1e4a239a5fc0701.jpg

Errrr.... that's my life recently, report after report, poor me😪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried to use the Contact Us facility on the new website in order to let them know of our views and discussions but, surprise surprise, that feature also doesn't work !

So they will be blissfully unaware of my views. I have now sent that message to some of the previous dnw.co.uk addresses so maybe something will get through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, secret santa said:

I tried to use the Contact Us facility on the new website in order to let them know of our views and discussions but, surprise surprise, that feature also doesn't work !

So they will be blissfully unaware of my views. I have now sent that message to some of the previous dnw.co.uk addresses so maybe something will get through.

Richard - if all else fails you could also perhaps try ppm@dnw.co.uk - which I received in March 2022, when Peter Preston-Morley, Associate Director at "DNW" replied to an e mail of mine on a totally unrelated issue.

Organisations tend to be much slower altering personal e mail addresses, so it's probably still valid.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ian Anderson at DNW has replied and asked me exactly what issues there were. I've listed about half a dozen and promised to give a more exhaustive list on Friday.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, secret santa said:

Ian Anderson at DNW has replied and asked me exactly what issues there were. I've listed about half a dozen and promised to give a more exhaustive list on Friday.

Keep us posted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thing I've noticed is that there is no search facility on their new site. Or if there is it's bloody well hidden.

The search on the old site was actually quite good.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

Another thing I've noticed is that there is no search facility on their new site. Or if there is it's bloody well hidden.

The search on the old site was actually quite good.  

For existing catalogue, it should be right above lots.

For past result, it is in auction - lot archive.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bruce said:

For existing catalogue, it should be right above lots.

For past result, it is in auction - lot archive.

 

I'm thinking of the general search tab they had at the top of the home page where you could type in any date/denomination and it would bring up all of that type that had sold, over many auctions. Was incredibly useful.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

I'm thinking of the general search tab they had at the top of the home page where you could type in any date/denomination and it would bring up all of that type that had sold, over many auctions. Was incredibly useful.   

 

I see.

By the way, I always don't like the way they are showing their pictures now in archive pages.  Once the picture is opened, i cannot switch to other sites or pictures for easy comparison.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I appreciated the look and feel of their old site and Mike,  you’re spot on about the search. This site is a step backwards, all pretty wishy washy to me. I dont like it at all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2022 at 9:45 AM, secret santa said:

Ian Anderson at DNW has replied and asked me exactly what issues there were. I've listed about half a dozen and promised to give a more exhaustive list on Friday.

And I thought he was the lead singer in Jethro tull

index.jpg

Edited by copper123
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2022 at 9:54 AM, 1949threepence said:
On 5/5/2022 at 9:45 AM, secret santa said:

Ian Anderson at DNW has replied and asked me exactly what issues there were. I've listed about half a dozen and promised to give a more exhaustive list on Friday.

Keep us posted.

I sent them a number of points mentioning that I did not have the patience to do an exhaustive system test for them and never received an acknowledgement or reply despite requesting a response.

Their reputation will go straight down the drain.

Edited by secret santa
correction
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, secret santa said:

I sent them a number of points mentioning that I did not have the patience to do an exhaustive system test for them and never received an acknowledgement or reply despite requesting a response.

Their reputation will go straight down the drain.

I reckon the sub text of that Richard, is that they don't know what to say, and don't want to admit they've messed up, even though they must know they have. These days, for whatever reason, sorry seems to be the hardest word for almost all organisations. They will literally make excuses for the totally indefensible, or stick their fingers in their ears.  

As you rightly point out, their reputation will take a hit, not the least because you will be very far from the only one complaining. The lack of any response is just plain ignorant.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

I reckon the sub text of that Richard, is that they don't know what to say, and don't want to admit they've messed up, even though they must know they have. These days, for whatever reason, sorry seems to be the hardest word for almost all organisations. They will literally make excuses for the totally indefensible, or stick their fingers in their ears.  

As you rightly point out, their reputation will take a hit, not the least because you will be very far from the only one complaining. The lack of any response is just plain ignorant.

There was no need for them to apologise. A simple "Thank you for your feedback. Our technical team will be looking into it" could be the polite and noncommittal response. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sword said:

There was no need for them to apologise. A simple "Thank you for your feedback. Our technical team will be looking into it" could be the polite and noncommittal response. 

I'm afraid those bland generic responses irritate me even more than no acknowledgement at all. Totally meaningless, totally dismissive, and totally never hear anything again.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you click on Auction Archive and then Featured Collections, an error page comes up - they've clearly made no attempt to correct this in the 2 weeks that I mentioned it to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×