British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
blakeyboy

What if a supernova made all women on Earth infertile?

What if?

If humans realised there would be no human presence on Earth after the next 100 or so, what would they do?

If the older members started to go crazy and just have wars and stuff, the younger lot would ask for their children to have a future on a planet that

wasn't a polluted wreck, but would that last generation, when getting old, just stop caring about what the planet would be like in a 1000 years time?

Which aspect of human nature would prevail in the end?

Good or bad?

I am afraid good always gets crushed by bad - sorry to say it but it nearly always happens

I reckon it would be outbursts of bad, probably manifested as war, which are overcome by good in whatever timescale, only to have recurring bad periods etc. until time runs out. Some leaders are naturally aggressive, greedy and incapable of resisting the temptation to take someone's land, resources, wealth, right to live etc as we see today. Good people can be 99% and the bad 1%, but it only takes one despot from the 1% to screw things up because of the destructive energy at their disposal. They always intend to be the last man standing in a fight.

• Like 2

Scientists claim to have discovered a planet with intelligent life. This planet is populated by a number of species of flora and fauna and is effectively “run” by a race of bipeds who seem to be at the highest evolutionary level. This race is incredibly arrogant, claiming to have been created in the image of the all-loving deity that many of them worship, yet appearing to only tolerate the existence of lower evolutionary species as long as they either provide entertainment as pets or curiosities, or provide food for the bipeds, for which they are bred and killed on a huge scale. The “master race” is also incredibly hypocritical in that they go to extraordinary lengths to ensure that handicapped members of their own societies can lead a full life but have no scruples in mass extermination of other members of their species whose culture and beliefs differ from theirs or whose territory is rich in products which they desire to own. Where can this planet be ? 

• Like 7

I like that Richard, it reads very 1950s sci-fi pulp fiction.

I'd make a weeny editorial change your synopsis to include more than just the one all-loving deity which inhabitants of the newly discovered planet have, for millennia, slaughtered each other in arguments over the non-provable existence of. 

Oh, and, in our house, the idea another living, sentient, creature should need to die simply for us to be fed was long ago dismissed as bol**cks.

Edited by Michael-Roo
  • Like 2

I understand this to be near the system of the planets Xi and  Kimil-Jong  rotating around the sun Pu-tin. This sun is in the process of collapsing into a particularly unpleasant black hole, soon to absorb its surrounding planets. Few bodies can escape its attraction,  Indi-A does not have the momentum to break away and Eee-U cannot overcome the bonds of the Gaz-prom force. Bi-den and Bo-ris appear to be falling under the influence of the proto-star forming in the Zelen-sky belt , and along with various minor planets may yet see the light. Ma-cron is an aberration, and could end up anywhere. 

Me,  I’ve invested my future with the new God MUSK, and have become a disciple on his new world Twit-ter.  I have become a twit.

Nothing new there then. Mine’s a bitter.

Jerry

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

This unpleasant black hole , does it have anything to to with katie prices private parts AKA Katie's public parts?

Edited by copper123
  • Haha 1

To cut directly to the chase, there would be far more negative than positive, probably in the proportion 80:20.

It was ever thus, and ever will be thus, whatever happens.